PrimoPDF Script Errors

Steve Blair

Hello, 

I do not know if this is the correct forum for this question, but we have PrimoPDF running on a remote desktop server and it is throwing 5 or 6 script errors when users try to print to it...They can click through the script errors and the application seems to work fine but we would like to get rid of them...We have turned of the Streamline feature and have uninstalled Primo and removed all traces of it from the registry and removed any lingering program files/folders but this has not resolved the issue...Please advise...Thanks!!!

Me too. After several happy years with PrimoPDF I've suddenly started getting several script errors when trying to print. It's a pain to have to wade through 5 or so error windows before I can create my PDF. I too have deleted and re-installed the latest version, but it makes no difference. The script errors still occur.

I do unpaid work for a charity and cannot afford to upgrade to NitroPDF. Should I just ditch PrimoPDF and go for something else?

Wondering if you got this sorted? I'm having the same issues, but I get about 11 script errors. Our IT guy just says 'click through the scripts'..... which isn't a solution.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello,

PrimoPDF is an old discontinued program. We are no longer supporting this product.

We recommend upgrading to our latest version, V13, which comes with significant stability and security improvements, as well as many feature enhancements, in particular in conversion and OCR functions. Version 13 also brings license activation flexibility and unlimited eSignatures as part of Nitro Sign being bundled with it.

https://www.gonitro.com/try-for-free

Hope that helps!

So, no we have not sorted the issue and are telling users to click through the script errors as well...

Leslie V, one of the reasons we are using Primo is that it is free...I have navigated to the link you shared (thank you!)and only see an option for a 14 day free trial...Is there an option to run the new Version 13 for free, like Primo???

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The link above is no longer valid, but the two options you listed did the trick.  Thanks.  That was a nuisance.  This should be fixed as I use PrimoPDF everywhere, not just on my station where I have Nitro.  And the cost is so high now I'm not even motivated to do an upgrade.

• 1 year later...

To ditto #GaryWooding ...

Remi-Armand, that worked beautifully.  It's good to be rid of the sequence of error messages.

I LOVE Primo PDF and have been using it for over 15 years.  I really dislike Adobe PDF free version since you have to sign in to the cloud to do anything with your document and even then you cannot email the doc to anyone, only a link to it.  On my cell phone Adobe will not even allow me to save doc to my phone. 

I have been suffering through script errors (7 of them to save my document to pdf) for over 2 years.  Today my Nitro PDF creator 5 decided to stop converting docs to PDF so in searching for help, I found your post. THANK YOU. 

• 8 months later...
Thomas Hesketh-Roberts

For anyone like myself who has not found the above solution to resolve the script errors, there is a workaround.  This should work on any Windows version (it worked for me on Windows 11):

Through Internet Options, you can add the gonitro.com website to the Restricted Sites security zone.  Assuming your Restricted Sites zone is set up according to its default configuration, this blocks scripts from running on the website called from within PrimoPDF.

More details can be found on my post here: windows 7 - JavaScript error on embedded Internet Explorer - Super User

pDrib.png