Can't activate - serial number invalid

Julio Velasco

Julio Velasco

I purchased a copy of 64 bit Nitro Pro, v12_ba,  through Indigo Software. The purchase was processed through Cleaverbridge. Order #**. The computer the software was installed to failed. Trying to reinstall/activate on a new machine. I entered the serial number I received via email and got "The serial number entered does not exist". I couldn't submit a support ticket because a serial number is required and the one I have doesn't seem to be recognized. It's amazing how hard it is to activate the software or to get support. I can't upgrade because my serial number issue. Can anyone help please?

Edited by Leslie V.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Julio Velasco

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Please send me your serial number so I can check. I cannot locate it using the email address that you provided.

I look forward to your response.

Julio Velasco

Do I post the number here?  I'm uncomfortable posting my serial number to an open forum - even if it is no longer valid.  I can forward my original purchase confirmation email with Serial No and activation code, or send copy as PDF attachment. Let me know, I will post here if there is no other option. Thanks.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Julio Velasco,

To send a via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' or 'Leslie's name and select 'Message'.

Thank you and we look forward to your response.

Julio Velasco

Still waiting on a response. I just finished reading the "Having Problems Activation Nitro 12" post. Unfortunately, I can't install v12 or upgrade to 13 without a valid serial number. So, I am still stuck without use of the application. I sent Leslie my original activation email in a private message but have not heard back. I am a 70yo individual user so I suppose I'm at the bottom of the support list, but I am a paying customer. At this point, an unhappy customer. Can someone please help?

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Julio Velasco

Apologies for the delayed response. I had to double-check the validity of the key you provided.

The serial number you provided is in a format that we do not support. After the activation server upgrade, only valid serial numbers for Nitro Pro 12 and older can be used to activate Nitro Pro. Valid serial numbers from our official online store starts with 234***, for versions 12 and older.

Please note, Indigo Software company is not an authorized Nitro re-seller and they are not associated to Nitro company. You may want to reach out to them regarding the key so you can ask for a refund.

Please let me know if you have other questions.

Julio Velasco

Questions? I have lots of questions... When was the "activation server upgrade"? Was Indigo ever a valid reseller? If so, when did the agreement end? If Indigo never was a valid reseller, then how was it possible that I was able to get a license and use the product for the last two years? Are you planning on suing the company for selling Nitro in the first place? 

I also have a comment... I am a retiree and on a limited budget. Giving me a hard time over a license that I bought legitimately and have shown proof of is a horrible way to do business. You could at least have offered me a discount for upgrading.

Per your suggestion, I have contacted Indigo Software.

VIJAYA LAKSHMI

Hi i bought a nitro pro license with vip access in 2018, i reset my laptop and unable to activate with the serial number provided by cleverbridge. I tried to raise a ticket but but failed as well, my serial number starts with 234xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, please guide me to solve this issue.My email id is **

Edited by Leslie Villarin
Deleted Confidential Info

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @VIJAYA LAKSHMI

We have recently upgraded our activation servers. Please install the latest Nitro Pro 12 update (12.16.9.574) so you can reactivate successfully: 

https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

Then activate with your Nitro Pro 12 serial number. If you have a build older than 12.16.9.574, this won't work.

I hope this helps!

Julio Velasco

Vijaya, my situation is a bit different. Glad Leslie was able to help you. Nitro Support told me to seek support from the vendor. I did and they (the vendor) resolved my issue. 

I have a Nitro Pro 11 License for my client. The instruction asks me to copy the Installation ID and then enter the Installation ID + License Key.; I have done this a billion times with no luck. I deactivated the license key from the client's old machine and I'm reactivating on the new one. Can you help?

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Simon Pither

Please note that we no longer support Nitro Pro 11 and its activation servers have been shut down.

We recommend to upgrade to our latest version, V13, which comes with significant stability and security improvements, as well as many feature enhancements, in particular in conversion and OCR functions. To upgrade to Nitro Pro 13, please visit our upgrade page: 
https://www.gonitro.com/pro/upgrade

Alternatively, you can upgrade to the latest build of Nitro Pro 12. Per our Sunset Policy, https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/sunset-policy, we have stopped making feature enhancements to version 12 once we released version 13. You can find Nitro Pro 12 installer from the page below and activate it with your current Nitro Pro 11serial number. 

https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.