Nitro Pro 13 Constantly Crashing

Adam Santos

Every time I try to save a pdf after I insert a signature and/or make textual edits, Nitro hangs and crashes on me and I have to restart it. I am using the latest version of Nitro and have uninstalled and reinstalled it 3 times already. My desktop is also new -a Lenovo IdeaCentre A540. 

I have been a Nitro business user (and have bought and put Nitro on all my employees computers) for about 12 years now and there always seems to be at least 1-2 buggy elements. Very frustrating. I don't know what else to try to troubleshoot this particular issue, but I am getting to the point of switching my staff over to a different product. I don't want to keep dealing with a product that consistently crashes on me. 

Hopefully someone from support or a user can help me before I jump ship as I do otherwise like the product. 

• Official Nitronaut

Hello Adam,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

So that we can troubleshoot the problem, please provide me with the following:

- The file you are working on (for testing)
- What exact version of Nitro you are using. You can find this information by opening Nitro. Go to the Help tab, then click About Nitro Pro.
- Your specific step by step workflow so we can replicate this on our end
- A screen shot of what you are seeing or any error message you are receiving

I look forward to your response.

Hi Leslie,

Thank you for the response. 

I am using Nitro 13.38.1.739, which I believe is the most recent version. 

The issue occurs every time I try to save a PDF document after I type text and/or insert my signature. The bug does not appear to be discriminatory, as it seems to happen to every PDF file regardless of whether its origins trace to a different format (ie Word doc, Excel file, etc).

This morning for example I opened a single page PDF document that was emailed to me. All I did was add a date to the doc and then tried to save, and it froze on me (I got a Nitro Pro is not responding message, with options to restart, close, or wait for the program to respond). I then had to restart. After I restarted, I tried it again and made a couple of additional edits, and same thing. Each time it froze/wouldn't respond when I tried to save the document.

I would be happy to provide screenshots, but there is no way to attach a photo to this message from what I can see. 

Thanks in advance,

Adam

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Adam Santos

Our latest build for version 13 is 13.49.2.993.

Please use the tool I have provided below to remove all files associated with Nitro Pro and reboot your system.
https://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13492993/install-cleanup/install-cleanup.zip

NOTE: This clean-up tool will erase any existing signature files within Nitro, so please save them to another location before using the clean-up tool in order to keep them. 
Please see this link for backing up custom stamps/signatures: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/stamps/000004307

When your system is back up, close all your open applications and install Nitro Pro 13.49.2.993 from the page I have provided below:
https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

I hope this helps! Please let me know how that goes.

• 3 months later...

This unfortunately did not work. I also just tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version and again, same issue. 

It is happening EVERY time I try to save a file after I insert a page, insert a signature, or otherwise make changes and try to save. 

What else can I try? I've been dealing with it for months and am at my wits end. Just constantly crashes all the time.