reverting to expired trial

Jane Onken

We use a cloud provider.  We're having issues with a few users getting "expired trial" when opening Nitro.  We have enough licenses for all of the users.  Is there a known issue with Nitro Pro 13?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Jane Onken,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Looking are you account records, could you please confirm that you have installed Nitro PDF Pro 13 on virtual machines hosted in a cloud environment and activated it with the serial number 234600-xxxxxx-432506?

If this is correct, please be aware that this serial number is only designed to work with physical desktops/laptops deployment and not on virtual.

If you just migrated on a virtual hosting environment, you'll need another MSI installer that accepts a license-file, instead of a serial number. This license-file uses another licensing model and specifically designed for virtual setup.

Unfortunately, we cannot replace your serial number with a license-file and if you interested for getting one, please let us know so I can reach out to your Nitro Account Executive to send you a quote.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm playing the middle man here - I've been working with our cloud provider's tech support team.  I relayed your reply to them and this is their response---

The Nitro PDF Pro application in our environment looks to be activated by license-file. There is a license-file (.lic extenstion) where Nitro PDF is installed on the servers, and that is how I resolved the issue last time, by activating the application with the license file. In case you need it, this is the name of the license-file used: 117xxxx3-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-d11a7xxxxdc1.lic

We have been assigned 4 servers by our cloud provider.  There is only one server where we get the message 'expired trial'.

Thanks.

Edited by Allain Umailin