PDF content not displaying correctly or not displaying at all

Oskar Vikor

My Nitro Pro kept crashing every time I tried to open a pdf, so I uninstalled it and reinstalled Nitro Pro 13.49.2.993.  (I have activated it with my serial number).

Now, it struggles to display all the content of the pdf.  There are parts that are missing or hidden, and scanned pages come out white or black (depending on zoom level).  I am comparing the same file on Nitro and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (Version 2021.007.20099).

On some files Nitro says "This file was damaged (corrupted) and has been repaired".  But I still can't view the content using Nitro.  Same file opens fine on Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

Any suggestions on how to fix this issue with Nitro are welcome.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Oskar Vikor

Thanks for your message - I'm happy to assist you.

So that we can troubleshoot the problem, please provide me with the following:

- The file you are working on
- Your specific step by step workflow so we can replicate this on our end
- A screen shot of what you are seeing or any error message you are receiving

I look forward to your response.

• 1 month later...

Hi Leslie,

I hope you are well.

Were you able to download the screenshots and sample pdf file that shows how Nitro Pro is not working correctly?

Would you prefer direct message attachments?

Look forward to your solution as my Nitro Pro issue has not gone away.

Thanks in advance.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Oskar Vikor

I used version 13.50.4.1013:  https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

and the file and the pages you mentioned open fine on my end. See below a screenshot of page 22:

image.thumb.png.39c3b29b6cbe6d19ac8b7e3f1f4b298e.png

Can you please try this version and let me know if the issue still happens?

Also, I checked this file and found that it was created using Adobe InDesign. Please note that these type of documents utilizes PDF architecture that is not compliant with the PDF 2.0 specification set by the ISO (International Organization for Standardization).  So some issues may be experienced if it is not opened using Adobe since it's an Adobe file. It is not consistent. It sometimes works on other PDF programs including Nitro, and sometimes they don't.

Hi Leslie,

Thank you for your reply.  I have installed the latest version 13.50.4.1013 of Nitro.

I still have the same issue.  Particularly trying to view scanned images saved as pdf, they just come up as a blank page.

My colleagues also use Nitro, but they don't have an issue.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello Oskar,

Please use the tool I have provided below to remove all files associated with Nitro Pro and reboot your system.
https://downloads.gonitro.com/professional_13.50.4.1013/install-cleanup/install-cleanup.zip

NOTE: This clean-up tool will erase any existing signature files within Nitro, so please save them to another location before using the clean-up tool in order to keep them. 

Please see this link for backing up custom stamps/signatures: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/stamps/000004307

When your system is back up, close all your open applications and install Nitro Pro 13.50.4.1013 from the page I have provided below:

https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

I hope this helps! Please let me know how that goes.

Hi Leslie,

It appears that the Nitro cleanup and re-install has worked.

Thank you for your help.

I will be in touch if I encounter any other issues.