crashes after scanning

Alan Bushnell

Alan Bushnell

I am experiencing problems with Pro 13 on scanning. 2 x Crash reports were sent a couple of days ago. No reply!

The scanner and PC's are on a home wifi network. The scan completes and Nitro Pro shows a status bar saying "creating PDF, which is taking much longer then normal - 1.5 mins. It then starts with "creating searchable....", and promptly crashes. Please solve this

• Official Nitronaut

Hello Alan,

Thanks for your message - I'm happy to assist you.

So that we can troubleshoot the problem, please provide me with the following:

• What exact version of Nitro you are using. You can find this information by opening Nitro. Go to the Help tab, then click About Nitro Pro.
  • Your specific step by step workflow so we can replicate this on our end
  • A screen shot of what you are seeing or any error message you are receiving
  • What is the brand and model of your scanner? What type of drivers are you using? Have you also tried reinstalling your scanner drivers?

I look forward to your response.

Alan Bushnell
On 10/21/2021 at 6:40 PM, Leslie Villarin said:

Hello Alan,

• What exact version of Nitro you are using. You can find this information by opening Nitro. Go to the Help tab, then click About Nitro Pro.
  • What is the brand and model of your scanner? What type of drivers are you using? Have you also tried reinstalling your scanner drivers?

On 10/21/2021 at 6:40 PM, Leslie Villarin said:

Hello Alan,

First off, a little about my system.  I have a laptop (64 bit) and desktop (32 bit)and printer/ scanner on a wifi network.  All items are in a home group.  I am running all of these via Windows 7 ultimate on both laptop and desktop.  On the laptop, i have both Nitro pro 8 (probably 32 bit version) and version 13.  The scanning issue was when using the laptop.  I don't have the same problem when using the desktop with Nitro Prop 8.

The Nitro Pro version I am using is 13.15.1.282

The workflow is as stated before: on the home page - select PDF button - scanner - select my scanner (see model below).  The scanner starts with the scan and completes - then I see the status bar showing 'creating PDF' (0%) - this continues for about 90 seconds (much longer than previously) - then a status bar comes up 'creating searchable......' and switches off (crashes) after a few seconds.  I completed the crash report (twice).

No error message seen

The scanner is a Brother MFC 6490CW.  It may be old but it is in good working condition.

===============================================================================================================================

I do have other (previous and maybe unrelated) problems with both Nitro Pro 13 and 8. 

Laptop & Nitro 13:  will not activate the document feeder on the scanner  (If I use the Brother program for a scan the ADF works OK)

Laptop & Nitro Pro 8:  Cannot find the Brother scanner (only lists an HP scanner which I am not using).  How do you get Nitro Pro to search for a scanner?  I can't see anything in the menus to do this.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello Alan,

Please use the tool I have provided below to remove all files associated with Nitro Pro and reboot your system.
https://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13492993/install-cleanup/install-cleanup.zip

NOTE: This clean-up tool will erase any existing signature files within Nitro, so please save them to another location before using the clean-up tool in order to keep them. 
Please see this link for backing up custom stamps/signatures: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/stamps/000004307

When your system is back up, close all your open applications and install Nitro Pro 13.49.2.993 from the page I have provided below:
https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

I hope this helps! Please let me know how that goes.

Alan Bushnell

Leslie,

I did send a status commentary, last week, after I followed your instructions, and asked for a reply on activating (preferably by email).  The query i had was on activating after loading the updated version of Nitro Pro 13.  I asked if I should use the the original serial number from the uninstalled version or would you provide a new one.  I did not receive any reply

without a reply, I though I would try with the original serial # - 504***************.  This could not be found!

I am therefore still sitting with the 'trial version', which is only active for 14 days from the installation.

Please advise the next step.

Alan Bushnell

Edited by Reymund G.

Alan Bushnell

It is nearly 10 days now since I updated Ver 13 (to 13.50.4.1013), after instructions from Leslie Villarin.  I keep asking in this forum for a serial number as at the moment it is only a trial version with 6 days left.  Why won't anyone including Leslie answer????

Note:

Very difficult to get through to anyone.  If i attempt to submit a support ticket it asks for my serial number.  I can only enter the serial number from the pre-update version (uninstalled after instruction from Leslie Villarin) and this cannot be found in your system??

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Alan Bushnell,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Unfortunately, I was unable to find a Nitro Pro 13 serial number using the email address that you provided. I will only be able to locate your serial number if you purchased Nitro Pro from our website. If you purchased Nitro Pro from our website please provide us with the following information so we can look up your account.

1.    First and last name of purchaser
2.    Email address used purchase Nitro
3.    Order reference number

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Alan Bushnell

Leslie,

Didn't get a response from my last post (maybe weekend issue), so eventually, I tried the 'other' serial number I mentioned in my last post - ends with .........5286.  This was accepted and Nitro Pro 13 is now activated.  I tried a sample scan, even using the Document feeder, and it worked Ok.  Therefore the update has solved the problem

• 1 year later...
Sally Taylor

Nitro keeps crashing on me and has done for months and I have sent loads of  crash reports to you explaining the issues and received no response whatsoever from anyone which is shocking to be honest.  Nitro now will not convert a word document to PDF and just sits there doing nothing. If I open Nitro to get a document signed off, I am able to do that and send to recipient, but as soon as I exit from that same document once it has gone, I get the crash report up and as I said I have sent crash reports and even relaunched Nitro and it is still the same. This happens when I am in the office working and also at home.  What is the reason for it and how do I get it to go back to how it was? It used to be very reliable but the more it happens the more likely I am to stop using it and go back to Adobe. Its so annoying and our IT professionals cannot figure out why this is happening and have asked that I contact you. Why are you so difficult to get hold of? I am using Nitro Pro 13.