Image quality loss during conversion

A J

Hello,

I'd like to also raise the issue of poor image quality when converting (right click -> convert to PDF with Nitro Pro) which is quite disappointing. I am hoping someone can assist with a fix. For me, this issue is with both version 13.49.2.993 and 13.50.4.1013.

This is an example (forum won't upload into post)- converted images on the right of each: imgur . com/a/Age6JzV | i . imgur . com/j5gOQ2a.png .

As per the advice on ( community . gonitro . com/topic/5161-image-quality-loss-during-conversion/ ) I used the uninstall tool (  install . nitropdf . com/professional_13310605/install-cleanup/install-cleanup.zip ) then re-installed the newest version. Same results. I have only tested one other PDF program (e.g., PDF element) which does not have this issue.

Can someone assist with a fix?

Many thanks

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @A J

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Nitro PDF Pro uses the Nitro PDF Creator when printing and converting a document to PDF. 
There is a settings in the Nitro PDF Creator where you can increase the quality of conversion. Please see the steps below:

1. On your Windows machine, go to Printers & Scanners.
2. Look for the Nitro PDF Creator, select it then click Manage
3. Click the Printing Preferences. Under Nitro PDF Creator tab, set the Conversion Quality to Print-Ready. 
4. Click Apply then Ok to save the settings. 

After completing the above steps, try to convert again an image to PDF then observe the results. 

Kind regards,

Hi Reymund,

Thanks for the reply- I've followed your steps, but it didn't change the image quality. I also tried custom- changing the downsample (DPI) to 1200 from 96 (leaving the downsample type - bicubic; compression - automatic as I am not familiar with these options). This also did not change the image quality.

Many thanks

After investigating a bit further, I would like to add:

• The image quality seems to be consistently poor with the process of right clicking then converting to PDF
  • The image quality seems more reasonable when opening the document and printing via Nitro PDF (with the conversion quality set to printer ready)

This is an attached image to illustrate- imgur . com/a/AS9e71E |

Xlr9ErV.png

I would hope this implies that this should be an easier/quick fix

Many thanks

• I agree 1

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hello @A J

I would like to test this workflow though I already see the results based on your screenshot.

Would you be so kind to send me the exact file of the original image? 
I understand that these conversions were taken under 13.49.2.993 and 13.50.4.1013 builds.

Kind regards,

Edited by Reymund G.

Hi Reymund,

I've sent you a PM with the original files + PDFs following conversions

Look forward to reading your reply with an update/solution in this thread

Many thanks for your help

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @A J

Thank you for sending the file for testing. I have made some changes in the DPI section, setting it to 'Keep original DPI' then saved it. After this, the workflow on right-clicking the file to convert to PDF looks good. Here are the steps I've taken:

1. Open Nitro Pro
2. Go to the Home tab.
3. Click the 'PDF' option in the Create option -> From File -> Settings.
4. On the settings prompt choose the 'Keep original DPI' option. As seen in the screenshot below.

CustomDPI.thumb.png.b45879267504e732747efe8c28d9addc.png

5. Click Ok > Ok > then Cancel to close the Window. 
6. Close Nitro Pro. 

After this, try again to convert the same Word file by right-clicking then select 'Convert to PDF with Nitro Pro'

Kind regards,

Thanks for the reply Reymund

That certainly improved it, but it is still not as sharp as when printing directly from a document

That being said, when I chose "print ready" in the settings (instead of the custom settings posted), it looks the same as when printing directly from a document

Edited by A J