Cannot Update Nitro Pro 13 with the Update Link

Charles Langley

Charles Langley

I am a licenced user of Nitro Pro 13 and cannot update the software using the link that prompts to download the "nitro_pro13.exe". Using this updater repeatedly generates a "! Nitro Pro Setup Wizard has failed". This has always been the case for product updates and only seems to be able to update using the full MSI installer. and to find the full MSI installer takes hours trawling through these forums to find the link from other users having the same problem.

I am now trying to update to version 13.50.4.1013 dated 25 October 2021, but to no avail and cannot find the full MSI installer.

Surely there is an easier, less painful & time consuming way for paying customers to install updates? Assistance & resolution to this problem would be much appreciated to otherwise good PDF software.

• I agree 1

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Charles Langley

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Please try using the Nitro Pro 13 installers below:

64 bit - https://install.nitropdf.com/professional_135041013/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x64.msi
     32 bit - https://install.nitropdf.com/professional_135041013/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x86.msi  

I hope that helps.

Edited by Allain Umailin

Charles Langley

@Leslie Villarin

Thank you for your reply, Leslie, and the links. I already tried using that link yesterday and it did not work as usual when one gets prompted to save the file. I have just tried it again direct from your link and nothing happens other than a blank webpage. (Maybe suggests there is no file on the server behind the link?).

As I originally mentioned, there needs to be a better way to provide legitimate updates to customers - other software publishers manage to it.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Charles Langley,

If you are using Chrome or any of the Chromium-based browsers (e.g., Vivaldi, etc.) and you are unable to access the above installer links, you're more than likely experiencing the results of a new security feature that was silently pushed out to the browsers, which blocks .exe/.msi/etc downloads without any visible error or prompt on the browser's frontend user space. In order to bypass this, please try these steps:

a. Right-click the link you're trying to download, and select "Save link as..."
b. Choose your save location and select "Save"
c. On the bottom edge of your browser window, the Downloads bar should now appear and the file will show up with a red error icon, attempting to block the download. Press the caret button and select "Keep"

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps.

Charles Langley
4 hours ago, Allain Umailin said:

Hello @Charles Langley,

If you are using Chrome or any of the Chromium-based browsers (e.g., Vivaldi, etc.) and you are unable to access the above installer links, you're more than likely experiencing the results of a new security feature that was silently pushed out to the browsers, which blocks .exe/.msi/etc downloads without any visible error or prompt on the browser's frontend user space. In order to bypass this, please try these steps:

a. Right-click the link you're trying to download, and select "Save link as..."
b. Choose your save location and select "Save"
c. On the bottom edge of your browser window, the Downloads bar should now appear and the file will show up with a red error icon, attempting to block the download. Press the caret button and select "Keep"

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps.

Allain, thank you for your reply.

But I still think there is no file there, as this just downloads a file "nitro_pro13_ba_x64.msi.htm" with a 0 KB size (note the "htm" extension). I have tried all this with both Firefox and Microsoft Edge browsers and still does not work. It does work correctly for the older versions of the file by substituting the version number in the file name and I have just tried that now and they still work on the older version files, but not the new version. Please try this yourself to test it.

What an endless run-around . . . .

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Charles Langley

Hi @Reymund G.

Many thanks for your help and the link. That worked to get the file.

I see the format of the link to obtain the file has changed from previously when the "." were stripped out of the version number partof the link.

A request: Can Nitro not setup an easier & more consistent system to obtain the update files for paying customers. Not only would it save hours of your customers' time, but surely for Nitro as well in not having to deal with many user requests for help.