nitro pro 13 crashes and restarts not saving open files when i combine files or extract pages

J

nitro pro 13.33.2.645

windows 10

i have uninstalled and reinstalled.  no change in anything. this is getting super annoying

restarts or crashes and doesn't save the documents i combine.  it also crashes when i extract pages and try to save them out of the original file. 

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @J

Thanks for reaching out ot us!

Please use the tool I have provided below to remove all files associated with Nitro Pro and reboot your system.
https://install.nitropdf.com/professional_135041013/install-cleanup/install-cleanup.zip

NOTE: This clean-up tool will erase any existing signature files within Nitro, so please save them to another location before using the clean-up tool in order to keep them. 

Please see this link for backing up custom stamps/signatures: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/stamps/000004307

When your system is back up, close all your open applications and install Nitro Pro 13.50.4.1013 from the page I have provided below:
https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

I hope this helps! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut

Hello J,

So that we can troubleshoot the problem, please provide me with the following:

- The file you are working on so we can test the issue on our end
- Your specific step by step workflow so we can replicate this on our end
- A screen shot of what you are seeing or any error message you are receiving

I look forward to your response.

i don't have a specific file.  it's every file i combine, everytime i delete or extract pages.  Every time i save as a file.   there is no error message.  it just stops responding and asks if i want to restart.  if it is a file that i have extracted or cobined, when nitro restarts it won't pop open.  it typically saves it, but stops responding and restarts.  i literally restart every time i use nitro unless i am just viewing a document.  This is a basic use for me to have nitro.  should i go down to version 12 or something?

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @J,

Can you provide me with any sample file that crash on your end so I can test. You can send it via direct message. I cannot replicate the issue when I use random files on my end.

Also when it crashes, is there a crash pop-up that asks for an email address? If so, please enter your email address so I can see the details of the crash on my end.

Aside from this, is there any antivirus installed that might be blocking Nitro? Are you saving the file to your desktop or is it in a shared or network folder?

it happens on every file that i try. there is no particular one. i am using mcafee antivirus.  there is no pop up that asks for an email or a crash report.  i try saving them to the hard drive and to my google drive with the same result. 

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @J

We are unable to replicate the issue with any of the files we have on our end.

Please send us some files that errors out when you work on them so we can try to replicate the issue. 

i have figured out is crashes when saving to a google mounted drive on my computer.  is there a workaround for that?  the same version on my previous computer did not affect this, neither did an older version. thanks for your help

• 2 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut

Hello @J

In Nitro PDF Pro release 13.44, the native connector to GoogleDrive has been deprecated to reflect changes and improvements in Google security policy.
To access the GoogleDrive documents in Nitro Pro, it is recommended to use GoogleDrive desktop application to sync up the documents with Windows Explorer.

Please let me know if you have any questions.