Countersigning document - bug or error

Dan Godoy

I send documents to staff to request their signature, which they do and return. I then receive them to countersign. However, when I load it to Nitro the Quick sign tool is 'greyed' and unavailable to use. An dialog box about 'fill-able fields' also appears. The only way I can sign it is to create a document by combining a blank page to the end and re-upload to nitro. Then the quick sign tool is available. I then need to extract the main document and leave behind the blank page. Very annoying process. There seems to be a bug as a result of the workflow. 

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Dan Godoy

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Documents that were signed through Nitro Sign has digital certificate that protects the document. When you open this document in Nitro PDF Pro, it is normal to see that the Quick Sign tool is greyed out because the Change Document and Document Assembly are not allowed. You can see this information by going to the File > Document Properties, under Security tab, the security settings section will display which actions are allowed and not. Here's a sample screenshot of the signed document in Nitro Sign then opened in Nitro PDF Pro:

image.thumb.png.63bf34d4383ea0afd3b8f88814d9643b.png

You can use the 'Extract' tool in Nitro PDF Pro (found under Home tab - Page Layout section). Once extracted, Nitro PDF Pro will create a new document with the extracted page and will remove the digital certificate. From there, you will have the option to use the QuickSign tool. 

Kind regards,