Callouts & Textboxes to .xlsx?

Philip Hannaford

Philip Hannaford
I am considering PDFpenPro, and have downloaded the trial version.

I intend to primarily use PDFpen to mark-up Architectural Technical Drawings with Text boxes and Callouts and undertake scaled measurements.

I need to confirm whether all the Text Boxes and Callouts I create on a base PDF will be captured in the Export function (i.e. to XLSX)? Will any other information from the base PDF would be captured if no alterations to the base PDF drawing was made?

Thank you for considering this, ahead of a possible purchase.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Philip Hannaford

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I do not have an Architectural PDF Drawings to test this workflow so I went ahead and tested this on one of my existing PDF documents.

The only captured information when performing an export from PDF to Xlsx is the Text annotations. Other annotations like Notes, Comments, and Callout were not captured after the export to Xlsx.

Kind regards,

Edited by Reymund G.

Philip Hannaford

Thanks for responding Reymund,

Just to be sure I fully understood your response.  Are you saying that the text from within callouts is not able to be captured and exported to xlsx?

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hello @Philip Hannaford,

From my testing, yes, the texts inside the callouts are not captured when the document is exported to xlsx file. Only the Text annotations are captured after the export from PDF to Xlsx.

Kind regards,

Philip Hannaford

Hi Reymund,
Thanks for the confirmation.

Sadly this is a key attribute I was looking for, as a migration away from Bluebeam Revu which no longer supports its Mac version.
I'm sure I am not alone in this, so if this could attribute be suggested to the Nitro PDF developers, there would be an sizeable group of Mac technical documentation reviewers (and some Windows users as well) who would make the move across.

Back to Revu for me until then.