The app stopped working

mh.elhassan@gmail.com

mh.elhassan@gmail.com

Out of no where the app is not opening and stoped saving pdf when i press the save as nitro pdf. installing a and reinstalling the app is not fixing the issue

the error is the application was unable to start correctly

Edited by mh.elhassan@gmail.com

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @mh.elhassan@gmail.com

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Please allow me to ask the following questions to further troubleshoot this issue:

1. Is the Save As issue is happening to all the documents you create or edit in Nitro PDF Pro? 
2. The version and exact build of your Nitro PDF Pro. This information can be located under the Help tab > About Nitro Pro. 
3. Are you Saving As the document to your local driver or to the network/shared drive?
4. If you double-click the Nitro PDF Pro icon (without opening a file), does it open properly? Or it generated the same error message 'application was unable to start correctly'?

Kind regards,

mh.elhassan@gmail.com

1. Is the Save As issue is happening to all the documents you create or edit in Nitro PDF Pro? 

yes, the option is not available anymore. it is as if the software is not installed

2. The version and exact build of your Nitro PDF Pro. This information can be located under the Help tab > About Nitro Pro. 

can t accessit this way as the error described in my previous message prevents me from accessing the app. the excat version is 13.24.1.467

3. Are you Saving As the document to your local driver or to the network/shared drive?

local drive

4. If you double-click the Nitro PDF Pro icon (without opening a file), does it open properly? Or it generated the same error message 'application was unable to start correctly'?

same error

Kind regards,

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @mh.elhassan@gmail.com

Please  to update your installation to the latest build of Nitro PDF Pro 13 (13.50). You can use our cleanup tool to remove all traces of Nitro then install the Nitro PDF Pro 13.50. 
Here's the link for the Cleanup tool including the steps on how to execute it:

1. Download Nitro cleanup tool from the link below:
https://downloads.gonitro.com/professional_13.50.4.1013/install-cleanup/install-cleanup.zip

2. Extract the Cleanup tool then double click the nitro-cleanup.vbs to execute it.

Please note that this cleanup tool will remove all traces of Nitro Pro including your customize stamps. 
If you have customized stamps, please refer to the link below about how to transfer/backup stamps:
https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase/#/search/stamp/000004307 

3. When done, install Nitro PDF Pro 13.50 by downloading the installer from the following location:
https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads - Click the 'Download Nitro Pro 13' link.
4. Once Nitro PDF Pro 13.50 is installed, go to Help tab > About Nitro Pro. Ensure that the version is 13.50 and if it needs activation, activate it using your serial number.

After completing these steps, please observer if you still get the same error message. 

Kind regards,

mh.elhassan@gmail.com

Hey Reymund ,

I tried the same steps, and the the clean up failed to remove many registries.  however, i was able to reinstall the app, but it did nit work and gave the same error message it used to