Beyond frustrated!!

Lori Patterson

Lori Patterson

I have a new computer and I can't get nitro pro to activate on the new one. I have followed every instruction! i have deactivated on old computer and still can't get it to activate on new. keeps saying the serial number doesn't exist. I have tried opening a ticket and that just keeps you going in circles!

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Lori Patterson

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Please send me your serial number so I can check. I cannot locate it using the email address that you provided.

I look forward to your response.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Lori Patterson,

Please be informed that 'The serial number entered does not exist' means the serial number you are trying to activate is for a different version of Nitro Pro. Looks like we need to uninstall the current version of Nitro Pro on your computer and install Nitro Pro 12. We then activate it using your serial number by referring to these steps:

1. Uninstall Nitro Pro from your computer by going to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features then reboot the machine. 

2. Please clear all your downloads folder or delete all downloaded Nitro installers. This step is important because we noticed that if you are saving all the installers and you download them in the same folder (like the downloads folder), the EXE can pick up any MSI installer in that folder and you may pick-up one of the older builds instead of the newly downloaded package.

3. Download and install Nitro Pro 12.16.9.574 by downloading the installer from this page https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads 

If you are getting the 'Nitro Pro Wizard has failed' message using our .exe package, it is because it requires a stable Internet connection to download installation files so please use offline English MSI packages:

x32 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12169574/en/retail/nitro_pro12_ba_x86.msi 
x64 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12169574/en/retail/nitro_pro12_ba_x64.msi

To know if you have 32-bit or 64-bit, please refer to this article:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/15056/windows-32-64-bit-faq 

4. After installation, you can activate by opening Nitro Pro, clicking on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activation and entering your serial number.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps .

Edited by Allain Umailin

Lori Patterson

this is a brand new computer with a brand new downloaded Nitro Pro 12. So I have already downloaded the latest and if my serial number is from an older version how is this going to fix it as you are telling me to do what I have already done!

I have transferred at least 6 other programs to my new computer, all of them were easy to re-apply the serial number too or their support was very easy to get an answer from.

I have already purchased a new product from a new company that will hopefully be easier to deal with!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Lori Patterson,

My sincerest apologies for the inconvenience and for providing the wrong installers.

To make it up to you, I have updated the installer links to reflect Nitro Pro 12.16.9.574.

This version 12 build is reporting to our newest licensing server so activating using the same serial number should work.

Again, my sincerest apologies for the confusion.

Thank you for patience and stay safe always!

Edited by Allain Umailin