Unable to activate product/deactivate license

Sam Mattson

I'm looking to activate my account in Nitro Pro 12 on a new computer but have unsuccessful in doing so - I've received the error message "-2: Bad Parameter".

I've attempted to submit a ticket to but and am brought to the "Need Help Activating Nitro Pro?" page. I'm asked to enter my serial number to find the license, and when I do, an option to deactivate appears below. By doing this, it says, I will be able to activate the license immediately by entering my serial number in Nitro Pro. It also says I'm allowed 2 activations and currently have 0. When I select Deactivate, however, a message pops up that says, "Please select devices to deactivate," but there is nothing for me to select. I'm unsure of how to proceed.

Edited by Sam Mattson

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Sam Mattson

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

To continue using your license, please install the latest build of Nitro PDF Pro 12 (12.16.9.574).

The installer can be located from the following location:
https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads - Click only the 'Download Nitro Pro 12' link. 

After installing Nitro PDF Pro 12.16.9.574, you should be able to activate using your existing license. 
To activate, open Nitro PDF Pro then go to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate. Enter the serial number then click the Activate button. 

Kind regards,