Odd problem with pasting an object that then can't be dragged

Philip Trauring

Philip Trauring

I have a strange problem where I copy a text object, then paste it, which duplicates it. However, when I mouse over the new copy, I only get a text-selection cursor, and the black-arrow cursor is not available. When I move the mouse over existing text objects, it works fine, but no matter what I do I can't move the new object. I have to close the document and re-open it to get the functionality back. Very odd, and it has happened multiple times.

Philip Trauring

I may have narrowed this down further. I see that it consistently happens if I copy and paste a text object, select the text inside the new copy, and then change the font size. Once I change the font size I can no longer select the object.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Philip Trauring,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Does this happen with every file? If it's a single file, please send us the sample file so I can replicate it on my end.

To send a copy via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Philip Trauring

I've sent you a test file. As I mentioned in that message, it's actually a simpler problem. The copy/paste isn't part of the problem. It's simply selecting text inside a text object, and resizing the text (in my case from 12pt to 10pt). It doesn't happen when you select the whole object and resize the text, only when you select the text inside the object and then resize the text.

I also noticed that if I select an object and resize the text, that Undo doesn't switch the size back.