Nitro PDF Pro and Azure Virtual Desktop environment

Keith O'Brien

Keith O'Brien

I installed the trial version on an Azure Virtual Desktop session host, but it shows trial expired.  I'm guessing that's because it's a multi-session environment or a virtual server as the trial worked perfectly fine on 2 different standalone Windows 10 laptops.  What I'm hoping someone can help me with is letting me know if Nitro PDF Pro will work correctly in an Azure virtual desktop environment - multiple users logging to the same virtual server at the same time.  I've tried reaching out to Nitro through the BOT and Facebook.  They have been completely unresponsive.  They suggested coming here and asking.  Any thoughts / advice on this is appreciated.  Thank you in advance. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Keith O'Brien,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Nitro Pro 13 on a VM hosted in a Hyper-V setup requires another MSI installer that accepts a license-file.

This license-file uses another licensing model and is designed with different virtual/cloud hosting environments.

I suggest contacting our Sales Team by filling-up this form to get a copy of this MSI installer and a Trial License-file: https://www.gonitro.com/contact-sales 

Thanks for your patience and I hope this helps!

Keith O'Brien

Thank you for your response, but it was too late.  I tried reaching out to sales through the forms (multiple times) and I even called the number I found Googling Nitro in San Francisco.  I left a voice message for sales.  No one ever responded to me.  We ended up purchasing Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, tested it and it worked well.  Obviously, we are going to spend more with Adobe, but their sales and support response times were extremely fast.  At this point, I feel like Nitro would have been a mistake given how no one ever got back to me - until now.