Nitro Pro 13.50.4.1013 renders some fonts as "Squares". Need fix

Ryan W

See image:

6VdazyX.png

I am *GUESSING* it is this CourierNew font with the Encoding: Custom?

V7IxaDD.png

I can send the PDF for you to examine.

Edited by Ryan W

• 4 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Ryan W

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused. Kindly send a copy of the exact file so we can test and see if the issue can also be reproduced. 

Kind regards,

Edited by Reymund G.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Ryan W

My apologies for the delay. I am getting the same issue when opening the document you shared on my Nitro PDF Pro. This issue appears to be associated with the CourierNew (Embedded Subset) Type: TrueType Encoding: Custom

I was able to correct it by clicking the Edit button then selecting the squares then set the font to CourierNewPSMT. After making these changes, the Font tab in the Document Properties started to show as CourierNewPSMT Type: TrueType Encoding: Ansi

Here's the screenshot:

image.png.0ae49a36f8cc1c0b42f72cd695277736.png

Please try that and see how it works for you. 

Kind regards,

Thanks for that workaround, however shouldn't Nitro handle fonts it cannot render better in some way? I also cannot select all the areas with the squares and convert them as you suggest.

The Lot # and Made at the bottom I cannot get to convert, and the 4 "squares" up top.  So far I've only managed to convert one line.

Edited by Ryan W

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Ryan W

I was able to edit and correct the rest of the texts but on the 'Made' part, it was a hit and miss as there seems to be a layer that is on top of it. Instead of finding the block to edit and correct the text, you can delete the squares using the Whiteout tool then add a text using the TypeText tool with CourierNewPSMT and place it to its location. 

I have sent you the edited document through private message. I have also noticed that as soon as I replace the text, I am getting the message below: 

image.png.32c6083ef7aba54f70db9dbb4da40e4c.png

This could be the reason why it did not render the font correctly. 

Kind regards,

Unfortunately the whiteout tool doesn’t help because the text is not known to us because we aren’t the generating party. 

nitro needs to be able to handle this more gracefully. Chrome and Firefox PDF viewer renders these fonts Nitro is having an issue with.