System Error Messages

Marc Masselier

Marc Masselier

Hi Supportteam / Hi Community

I have Nitro Pro as an add-in in my MS 365 Outlook. Occasionally, I can no longer preview PDF documents and when I try to open the attached PDF document with Nitro Pro, I get error messages which instruct me to contact Nitro Support with the error code.

I don't know what the problem is or where I can find information about the Nitro error codes.

Unfortunately I can upload a picture of the error code here, but the error code is 0x40000029

Can you help me?

Thanx

Marc

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Marc Masselier

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Could you please provide the version and complete build of your Nitro PDF Pro installation? You can see this information by going to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro. 
Please provide as well the license you used to activate the software.

Is this happening to all the documents you open in Nitro PDF Pro? Or, only happening to some documents?

Kind regards,

Marc Masselier

Hi Reymund

My Version and build is 13.53.3.1073. 

I bought and licensed the license in 2020.

The problem is not constant but keeps cropping up on a regular basis. A couple of weeks is not a problem, then I have the problem for 2 days and then it's gone again.

I forgot to mention that my problem does not only affect the preview and opening of the email PDF attachments. But even if I download a PDF completely to the PC, I cannot open it with Nitro.

Kind regards

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Thank you for giving this information, @Marc Masselier

We recently became aware of this issue (error code 0x40000029) with Nitro PDF Pro where certain documents generate this error.
Our developers are currently working on getting this resolved.

In the meantime, you have a couple of options.
You can open the file in another program like Chrome, Edge or the free Adobe Reader and then print it to the Nitro PDF Creator printer. The new PDF created will now work in Nitro PDF Pro without error.

The other option is to uninstall Nitro PDF Pro 13.53 and install 13.50 which does not have this issue. 
I can provide you the installer for 13.50. However, I need to know the details of your license so we could get the appropriate installer. 

Please provide your Nitro PDF Pro license so we can give you the links to the Nitro PDF Pro 13.50 installer. 

Kind regards, 

Marc Masselier

Hi Reymund

I will use your suggested solution with the browser and PDF printer. I hope the problem doesn't appear again in future versions of Nitro.

Thank you for your help.

kind regrads

marc