Error 401 on startup

Earl Hughes

Nitro Pro recently started displaying an error message every time I start it up.  It says: "An error has occurred within our system.  Please try again or contact support if this error persists. (Error 401)."  This is a new behavior.  Running Windows 10 Pro 21H1 build 19043.1466, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

My instance:  Nitro Pro 12.16.9.574 Serial 234600-xxxxxx-772294

Edited by Allain Umailin

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Earl Hughes,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order to further assist you, could you please open your Nitro Pro 12, confirm the error message, logout from Nitro Sign at the upper-right corner of the program, close then relaunch Nitro Pro, reset your Nitro Sign password and re-login Nitro Sign? How did it go?

If the error re-occurs after few days, please let me know so we can check our resources.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps.

OK, I followed the steps and now will check the status.  I assume by "reset your password" you mean to click the "forgot password" block and then reset from the email for Nitro.  I can't tell if the upper right corner sign-in is for Nitro Sign, since there's no label or indication of just what I'm signing into.  I just use my GoNitro credentials.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Earl Hughes,

Thank you for your response and our sincere apologies for this inconvenience,

Looking at your account records, we can see you upgraded your Nitro Pro 12 with serial number 234600-xxxxxx-772294 to Nitro PDF Pro 13 with serial number 504959-xxxxxx-480859.

With the new version, the Error 401 message should be fixed. 

Should you have further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out again.