Cannot Select 11x17 paper

Thomas OBrien

Thomas OBrien

Most of my drawings are 24" x 35" (Achitectural "D") format.   However, I like to print check prints to 11 x 17 paper as it's way faster and cheaper.  I have an Epson WorkForce printer that will print both 8 1/2/x/11 and 11 x 17 paper from two different trays.  Lately, even though I set the paper size to 11 x 17 and even though the "Document size" is set to 24" x 36", the printer software says that the print is going paper that is 24.0  x 12.9 paper - a size that does not exist.  The instruction in the Epson Manual don't help.  Any suggestions.

Tom

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Thomas OBrien

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I have a few questions for you:

1. Could you please provide a copy of the file you are working with?

2. Which specific build of Nitro are you using?
This can be found by opening Nitro > Help > About Nitro Pro. It will look something like 13.x.x.x

3. Could you please take a screenshot of the errors for us?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thomas OBrien

Hi Leslie,

I'm not seeing a way to attach a typical file that show the problem or a screen shot.  Please advise how to do that.

Nitro Version 11.0.7.425

Here's the backstory:

1.  The file is a DWG file created by AutoCad.  When the PDF was created, the sheet size was set to 24x36. 

2.   For check prints, I use Nitro to "print" this file to my Epson WF-7620 printer using Tray 2 where I have 11x17 paper.

3.   I've usually been able to set the "document" size to 24x36 and the paper size to 11 x 17.  I do not have any settings set to 24x12.9 paper.

4.   When I try to print, the 11x17 paper is used but the printing is not properly registered with the paper and the printed image usually smaller than it should be. 

5.   I have tried resetting any defaults I can find to their default setting in Windows 10, Nitro and the Epson printer but no luck.

Thank you.

Tom

• Official Nitronaut

Hello Thomas,

Please note, we no longer support Nitro Pro 11. It has been discontinued along with our other older versions, as documented in our Sunset Policy: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/sunset-policy

We recommend upgrading to our latest version, V13, which comes with significant stability and security improvements, as well as many feature enhancements, in particular in conversion and OCR functions. 

To check if this version will work on the files you are regularly using, you can get the free trial version from here: https://www.gonitro.com/pro/try

Cheers!