Not printing to PDF and it stays in the print queue

John Griffiths

John Griffiths

I have had the HDD in my computer replaced, and in the process a new version of Windows 10 was loaded, now when I print to pdf (from any program), the document remains in the print queue.

How can I resolve this?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @John Griffiths,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and for the private messages.

Please note that we no longer support Nitro Pro 11 and its activation servers have been shut down and allow me to also take this opportunity to share that upon the release Nitro Pro 13.26, it includes improvements in handling print jobs.

More details about this update can be reviewed by visiting our Release Notes page  https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/release-notes

With this, we highly recommend upgrading to our latest version, Nitro PDF Pro 13, which comes with significant stability and security improvements, as well as many feature enhancements, in particular in conversion and OCR functions.

To upgrade to Nitro PDF Pro 13 at a discounted rate, please visit our Upgrade page  https://www.gonitro.com/pro/upgrade and just enter your version 11 serial number 234600-xxxxxx-130318

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps.

• 1 month later...
Gary Julius

I had the same problem as  the above user.  I had Nitro Pro 11.  Replaced my hard drive.  Upgraded to Nitro Pro 12 as recommended.  Cannot convert MS word or Excel document to PDF using Nitro Pro 12.6.9.5.74.  MS Outlook keeps disabling add-in due to NP 12 loading slowly

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Gary Julius,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

To further troubleshoot this issue, do you have x32-bit MS Office on a Windows x64-bit system? To find this information, please refer to the steps in this article:

https://www.howtogeek.com/288001/how-to-find-out-which-version-of-microsoft-office-youre-using/

Lastly,  did you install Nitro Pro 12 on a physical machine or virtual?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

Doug Lipstone

I am having the same problem.  I am running Nitro Pro 13.58.0.1180 on a new Dell computer.  My computer is running Windows 11 Pro version 21H2, and Office 365.  My subscriptions on all products are current and I am running the current versions.  I do not have a physical printer so I do all my printing to PDF and the listed printer is Nitro PDF Creator.  Frequently, but not always, when printing from Word , after I have designated the location and file name for the printed document, the dialog box will go away and then nothing happens.  If I go to the printer que the document is there but nothing is happening.  My only option is to cancel the print job and send it to print again.  At that point the print job goes through.  Any thoughts?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Doug Lipstone,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Is this a new issue or has it occurred since after installing Nitro Pro or it just started after a change in the system (e.g. Windows Updates)?

We have found a recent Microsoft update which was supposed to fix a network printing vulnerability (KB5008206), broke the internal option to print to pdf. Is the same update existing in the system?

If not, did you install Nitro PDF Pro 13 on a physical machine or virtual?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.