Printing Forms Created in Adobe

steve cline

We work with a service that prepares forms for our clients. That service prepares those forms (apparently) with Adobe. 

When we want to print those forms we open them in Nitro. They appear normal on-screen. But when printed, certain large sections are blacked-out, as if redacted. When we open the forms in Adobe Reader, they print normally.

We submitted this a few years ago (ver 11) and were told that this had to do with some Adobe issue and that Nitro was working on a way to make this not happen. Alas, we tried in ver 13 and the issue continues.

Is anyone aware of a workaround for this issue?

TIA,

Steve

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @steve cline,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to further assist you, are you printing documents to a physical printer?

If yes, what is the exact make / model of this device (e.g. Ricoh or Kyocera)?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @steve cline,

Thank you for your response.

I reached out to our developers and confirmed that this is a bug related to RICOH printers. A case has been created and sent to our Project Management team for further review.

We do not have a time frame of when this will be fixed, but hopefully in the next release or two.

Updates will be available on our website so please visit this page from time to time:
https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/release-notes 

In the meantime, a workaround is available by changing Ricoh Printing Preference > Detailed Settings > Print Quality > Advanced > From Vector to Raster > Apply

I hope this helps and our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

Allain

thank you. but as stated in my original post, i already knew all of this when i asked this question the first time three years ago. 
So, given that the response is the same now as it was then, I’ll choose the option to not hold my breath while waiting for this fix. And we’ll wait to update our users until this is resolved.