How to add the same pdf file, to the end of multiple pdf documents?

Alec Baxter

I have 50+ pdf files that all need the same pdf attachment added to the end of it. I could brute force it, and open up each individual pdf and add the required file, but this will take FOREVER. 

Is there a way I can attach the same pdf file to MULTIPLE other pdfs in one click?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Alec Baxter

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and our apologies for the delay.

Could you please confirm if you would like to combine a specific document to 50+ PDF files and this added PDF file will be placed at the end of it? 

If this is correct, you may try to use the command line to combine that document. The steps may not be in one-click but this will save some time compared to opening each individual PDF then adding manually the PDF file. Here's command to execute:

Note: Please make sure to back-up the PDF files before applying this command line

1. Open Nitro PDF Pro with no document. 
2. Open Windows Command Prompt in administrator mode. 
3. Run the command line below:

C:\Program Files\Nitro\Pro\13>NitroPDF.exe /INS=after <file path to Master pdf> <file path to Secondary pdf>

Example: 
C:\Program Files\Nitro\Pro\13>NitroPDF.exe /INS=after C:\Users\royong\Downloads\TestDocument\SkyJanBill.pdf C:\Users\royong\Downloads\TestDocument\TestDocument.pdf

The SkyJanBill.pdf is the main PDF.  The TestDocument.pdf will be combined and added at the end of the main PDF. 

4. Click Enter on your keyboard and you will be prompted with a message that the pages of the secondary pdf is successfully inserted into the main/master pdf. 

I have made a screen recording so you could see the workflow:

Kind regards,

• 4 months later...
Anthony Welman

I am having the opposite problem. I don't want this to happen. I will start a new request but in my searching I cannot find anyone that has had the following happen:

Trying to combine several client bills and client identifier pages into one document... When I combine a one page client bill and another one page file that are both individually named with that clients name for each client, like file 1 is the client billing and file 2 is client identifier, because file 2 looks the same except for the name of the client, Nitro pro is copying one of my clients identifier page for all of the 2nd page to follow the client billing. The client billing is correctly each individual client, but the 2nd page client identifier with a big bold headline for the organization is not combining individual files. So my second page is always the exact same page of only one specific client in place of the individually named client's identifier page after each client billing file. I have never had this happen before. 

• 7 months later...

Hi Reymund,

This is an interesting video. However, now you only combine one master pdf file with the test document. I need to combine 100 master pdf files with the test document. All these 100 files are in the same directory.

C:\Program Files\Nitro\Pro\13>NitroPDF.exe /INS=after C:\Users\royong\Downloads\TestDocument\SkyJanBill.pdf C:\Users\royong\Downloads\TestDocument\TestDocument.pdf

Can I combine these 100 master PDF files to use the asterix ("*") as below. Does this work and then 100 files get automatically the test docuemnt pdf as attachment on the end?

C:\Program Files\Nitro\Pro\13>NitroPDF.exe /INS=after C:\Users\royong\Downloads\TestDocument\*.pdf C:\Users\royong\Downloads\TestDocument\TestDocument.pdf 

• 2 weeks later...