OCR can't search all text even converted

MIS FUJIHAYA

Please explain this issue that same words in pdf but can't search or find even they are both on the same page and same quality.

I have a screenshot below. There are 24 MCCB words in 1 page but they can only find 8 MCCB words out of it. how it happens the other MCCB words can't find in OCR? they are in the same page and both clear copy.

note:

This PDF copy is not scan. Printed as PDF from a CAD Software.

76768835a5e675fa0f5aaa8f456d7a5ce9f33713

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @MIS FUJIHAYA

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Could you please provide the version and complete build of your Nitro PDF Pro? This information can be located under the Help tab > About Nitro Pro. 

Also, aside from this PDF file, do you experience the same behavior on other PDF files?

If possible, please share a copy of this PDF file so we can investigate and see if the issue can be reproduced on our end. 

Kind regards,

Hi Nitronaut,

I used a latest trial version of NitroPro but we are planning to buy a product soon. We want to know how it happens that same words in the same documents can't read on OCR function.

And what you should advise to us for using the OCR Function.

Please see the link below for the PDF copy. Drawing Link

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hello @MIS FUJIHAYA

The PDF document appears to be a scan document an OCR needs to be executed in order to search for the text. For this type of document, the OCR in Nitro PDF Pro needs some tweaking in order to make all the MCCB text appear in the search results. To tweak OCR, open the document in Nitro PDF Pro then go to File > Preferences. Under OCR, I set the following:

image.png.b73658ee03a52db6e4b9ee6e4d9492a7.png

After that, click Apply then OK to save the settings. 

To OCR the document, go to the Review tab > OCR then select 'Make Searchable and Editable'. Click OK to start the OCR process. 

Here the result of the OCR'd document where all MCCB appear in the search results. 

image.png.e16db68409d18ac7762440e9af883bcc.png

Kind regards,

MIS FUJIHAYA

Hi Reymund,

I tried that on my computer but it doesn't work same settings and documents. Please see the image below for your reference.

002303143067615d4c9205d33da0b80857c1be9c

069558413389b0eb4977731f2eb3c97a913c466a

Additional:

if I run OCR twice or more. it will generate the same but with the old one that why they look like added new words on search bar.

09228389846198e005c4ddde6500aeba8d045d1c