Conflicting Serial Numbers

Cherrie Krajacic

Cherrie Krajacic

Hi, hopefully a simple one for those that know - I’ve held a single license for Nitro Pro since V.7 (2012) through to V.13 and I recently received an offer (expires 28th Feb 2022) of a discounted Upgrade Package.   I was somewhat perplexed, as I had paid AU$142.99 via Cleverbridge for an upgrade on the 1st Jan 2022.   The Nitro Pro 13 build provided and currently on my PC is 13.44.0.896.  Being curious, I entered my Serial No. (as per my invoice) into the offer and got the message that my S/N could not be validated.  After going round in circles for a long time and finally checking via the “Find License” page, I found that both S/Ns were Active (V.12 with 0 activations and V.13 with 1 activation). I've concluded that the offer applies to my previous V.12 as its associated S/N did in fact unlock the offer.   It seems that my understanding of the word “validated” is not necessarily what it means in this context.  Are you able to confirm that my assumptions are correct so that I no longer worry about my bona-fide installation and should I deactivate the V.12 license in “Find License” to avoid further irrelevant emails? Thanking you in advance. Regards.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Cherrie Krajacic

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

The online upgrade portal at https://www.gonitro.com/support/upgrade can only upgrade old serial numbers (version 12 and below).  Based on your purchase records, I can confirm that you upgraded your version 12 license last January 2022 to version 13. 

Please disregard the email you received about the upgrade offer since you have already upgraded your version 12 license to version 13. 

I have performed the deactivation on your version 12 license since this serial number has been upgraded. 

Kind regards, 

Edited by Reymund G.