Cannot activate "EXPIRED TRIAL" on icon and software does not open

Alain Lostis

I am going in circle since several hours and a lot of attempts. Suddenly my v12 of NitroPro with valid license since 3 years did not open.

I uninstall and reinstalled. But at the end of the installation procedure, Nitro does not fully open (I can see the icon only with the message EXPIRED TRIAL). Hence I cannot enter my license number because the software does not open. See screenshot here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ix4ce1lxo602zb0/Bug Nitro Pro.png?dl=0

I then upgarded to v13 to try and solve the issue. Same bug. I am quite pissed-off. You must have been upgrading the licence verification protocol or somehething. I am a trusted paying client since many years. I am not loosing time and money for something that do not work.... and I have work to do for my clients

So help quickly or I never return. I would have lost money, but I will stop loosing time.

Alain Lostis

*******@lostis.com

Edited by Reymund G.
Hide email address

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Alain Lostis

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Based on the screenshot, it seems that the Nitro PDF Pro is stuck in the Windows taskbar. I have seen this behavior before when the application launches but just appear in Windows' Taskbar and it does not exhibit any error message. Could you please try to do the following and see how it works:

1. Open Nitro Pro again. 
2. From the Windows Taskbar, focus on Nitro Pro by clicking on it.
3. Press the Windows key + Left/Right arrow on your keyboard until Nitro Pro appears.

Sometimes this happens when Nitro Pro is stuck outside the displayed area on your monitor. 
You can also check if you can move the Nitro Pro window (in case it's off-screen) by holding Shift and right-clicking the Nitro Pro icon in the Taskbar and selecting, "Move". Then, continuously press the Left/Right arrow key on your keyboard until it appears on the screen.

Once you have accessed to the software, please check which version is installed by going to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro. If the version is Nitro Pro 13.x.x.x, click the Activate button then enter your version 13 serial number. 

If the version is not Nitro Pro 13.x.x.x, you will need to install Nitro PDF Pro 13 so you could successfully activate using your version 13 license. Here's the download link to the offline installer of Nitro PDF Pro 13:

64bit - https://downloads.gonitro.com/professional_13.58.0.1180/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x64.msi
32bit - https://downloads.gonitro.com/professional_13.58.0.1180/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x86.msi

Kind regards,

It was indeed an issue with a second screen.  I had work the other day on 2 screens. I then moved and worked only on one screen. Despite restarting my PC, the Nitro was still present on the 2nd screen. So I could not see it. 
This kind of issue never happened to me with other software.... so I guess, you might want to report the bug to the development team.

Thanks for your help and being available on a sunday.

Alain

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hello @Alain Lostis

You are welcome! Glad to hear that your Nitro PDF Pro is now up and running. Thank you as well for the feedback and we will take note of this. 

Kind regards,