Editing a PDF within another application that use Nitro's edit tools

Ramkumar Natchimuthu

Ramkumar Natchimuthu

When I try to edit a PDF document within another application, it opens the document in Nitro PDF (version 13) separately. It was not the case when I was using Nitro PRO 12, which would let me to edit the document within the app itself. I have attached a snapshot for your reference where you can see the pdf viewer/editor is of Nitro PDF's.

Can someone please assist me here?

ffee06a0-7bf3-44fb-9e93-9e350dbb371e.jpe

Regards,
Ram

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Ramkumar Natchimuthu

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and our apologies for missing out your post. 

The tools you see in the Internet Explorer is the Nitro Pro Add-on. This add-on only provides basic PDF viewing functionalities like Save, Print, Page Views layout, and Page zooms in Internet Explorer browser.

This add-on does not have the tools to perform a document edit within the browser and it is expected to launch the Nitro PDF Pro application when you click the 'Convert to Word' and 'Edit this PDF'. This is the expected behavior on all versions of Nitro PDF Pro. 

I have made a screencasts to demonstrate that this behavior is the same across Nitro PDF Pro 12 and 13 versions. 

On Nitro PDF Pro 12 installation: 

On Nitro PDF Pro 13 installation:

Kind regards,