Nitro Crashing upon using OCR

Jeff Messick

Jeff Messick

Nitro Pro v13. OCR function crashes Nitro for a user in our organization.

Ran Nitro cleanup tool.

Cleared SCCM cache

Reinstalled Nitro

OCR still crashing Nitro

Launched Nitro as myself and tried OCR - success

User profile is apparently the issue

Only one user experiencing this issue, all other users appear to be working fine. Is there a known problem with Nitro adding anything to the registry that causes crashes?

Colleague has trial version on his machine, and OCR function works without issues on version 11

Verified with user the pdf documents are not Docusign documents - they are normal pdf docs

User let me know OCR was working until a recent update

Edited by Jeff Messick

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Jeff Messick,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to further assist you, could you please provide me with the following?:

-Is this a new issue or has it occurred since after installing Nitro Pro 13 for this user? Any changes you are aware of before this happened (e.g. Windows Updates)?

-What build of Nitro Pro is this user working with? He/She can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 13.XX.X.XXX, e.g. 13.58.0.1180) or he/she can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

Jeff Messick

User is currently on Nitro Pro v13 13.16.2.300

As far as I know, its only this user. However, some new info, the problem occurred first after a big Office update.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Jeff Messick,

Could you please provide the serial number that was entered to activate this Nitro Pro 13.13?

To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

This matters because our Business installers are different from the Enterprise ones.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Jeff Messick,

Thank you for your responses and for your patience.

We have seen a few reports where Nitro Pro is not performing as it should and was fixed by recreating the affected Windows User Profile because of possible unknown corruption. Is that something you can perform on your end?

Unfortunately, we do not have a way to troubleshoot corrupted user profiles so if you could recreate it by referring to this article, that would be great:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix-a-corrupted-user-profile-in-windows-1cf41c18-7ce3-12f9-8e1d-95896661c5c9