Required Setting

Ricky Racoon

Ricky Racoon

I have a simple form with 2 text fields, 2 signature fields and 2 date fields. All of the fields have been set to "Required" and (except for signatures and other fillable fields), the form is password protected. When I simulate a user filling the form, I expected it to not allow saving unless all (or at least one) of the required fields are/is populated. However, whether I populate just one or none of the fields, saving is allowed (verified via its save date and time) with no warning. Does "Required" not mean what I'm expecting, or am I doing something wrong or not enabling some setting?

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Ricky Racoon

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

My sincere apologies if you have not received a response on this support.
The 'Required' option that you enable in the form field/s will take effect when you setup a 'Submit a form' field action. 

I made a screen recording so you could see the workflow:

Kind regards,

Ricky Racoon

Reymund,

I wasn't really expecting a response from my sarcastic post, but thank you for clearing this up. So it seems that what I was expecting the "Required" setting to trigger, is not possible - at least not without some exotic script code. One would've thought that the user guide would've mentioned the need to create a "Submit a form" button as part of the "Required" documentation.