Crashing/Freezing when combining files

Teresa Andriese

Teresa Andriese

everytime I combine files the program freezes. I add the files i want to combine and save them and as its processing the save it freezes. The new file ends up being saved, but as its saving the program freezes and the box comes up asking to "wait" "restart" or "close" the program. This has happened everytime i do this. I combine files often. This is a new computer and i downloaded the program and transferred my subscription to this PC. It did not happen on my old computer, but it has happened every time on this PC. So I am sure it has something to do with the PC, but am not sure what. I have made sure the computer is up to date and restarted. 

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Teresa Andriese

Thanks for your message - I'm happy to assist you.

So that we can troubleshoot the problem, please provide me with the following:
- The files you are working on (for testing)
- What exact version of Nitro you are using. You can find this information by opening Nitro. Go to the Help tab, then click About Nitro Pro.
- Your specific step by step workflow so we can replicate this on our end
- A screen shot of what you are seeing or any error message you are receiving

I look forward to your response.

Teresa Andriese

1. not sure how to attach the files i am working on, they are just PDF pages. This is one of the files

2.  Nitro Pro 13.58.0.1180

3. I have one PDF open to the program so that i can add "exhibit B" on top of it.  I then press combine, and add the "open file" via drop down, i then add 2 more files via "add files" from the drop down menu. I click create, and then save it in the proper spot. It saves, but the green line on the bottom of the box showing progress only gets about 25% across and then it just pauses and the error message comes up. 

4.Screen Shot

I have been doing this same process for YEARS now, the only difference is now I am on a new computer

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Teresa Andriese

I have a few other questions:

• What Operating System do you have on your new computer?
  • What happens if you convert any file to PDF? (not Combine) does that work?
  • Are you combining PDF files? Or is it  a mix of different file types?
  • Did you try reinstalling? Does that help?

Teresa Andriese

Windows 11

I don't use nitro to convert into a pdf, so i don't know. 

only combining pdf files

Yes, it did not help.

I also had to extract some pages from a PDF file and save them as a new file, and the same thing happened. 

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Teresa Andriese

I apologize for the inconvenience. 

Unfortunately, Nitro Pro is not designed to work successfully on Windows 11, since this is not a version we support yet. While you can install successfully, some functions might not work as expected. In your case, the combine tool is not working. Sorry about that!

Please check our system requirements here: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/technical-details 

• 1 month later...
Tigran Keshishyan

I'm having similar problem.  Once I complete a task of joining files, or even creating a file by adding couple of scanned images, it seems to freeze, but file does get created.  I have to close and re-start the program.  If it's a Windows 11 problem, I hope you guys are working on it extensively, because Windows 11 is becoming more prominent. I just purchased 2 licenses, and would hate to be dealing with this issue for a long time.  Thank you