Recursive Outlook Add in Msg/attachment conversion

Fred Moscicki

Suggestion

Fred Moscicki

Could you guys create an option to recursively change .msg attachments to pdf files with attachments?  Here is my problem.  We are going completely to the cloud at our business (Office365) and won't have access to PSTs and won't be able to open .msg files as soon as we turf outlook desktop.  So I appreciate your multiple file conversion utility with the ability to embed attachments which show up in an attachment pane in Nitro.  I'm not sure if these attachments will be visible in other pdf software or exclusively nitro which could hamper the usefulness of this.   Anyway, using this utility, I can convert my psts into pdf files and store one pdf in place of the .pst for each of my projects (I have about 200 of them).  By the way, is there anyway to automate this in vba so that I could invoke the nitro convert to pdf on multiple emails as I scroll through my pdfs by perhaps adding all the mail items to a vba collection and then invoking the create single pdfs for multiple emails with attachments option?

However, when a top level email contains .msg files as attachments, those get embedded as .msg files so I won't be able to open those attachments once we lose outlook desktop.  It would be nice if I could set a flag which would convert the .msg attachment to pdfs with embedded attachments recursively.  Also, I am wondering what happens if I use the "combine multiple emails into one pdf with attachments" if some of those emails contain different versions of the same attachment file and they use the same name.  Will it crash, overwrite future attempts at saving that attachment, or ignore attempts at future writes?

Thanks,

Fred

1 reply to this suggestion

Fred Moscicki

I tested and answered my own last question.  Looks like the add-in currently doesn't have limits regarding having attachements saved more than once with the same file name.  I assume that they are ordered in the attachment list in the same order as they show up in the single pdf containing multiple emails so although not convenient, it would be possible to sort out which attachment belongs to which email.  Would be nice if there was a link in the pdf text to the actual embedded attachment for each email.