activation using serial number is not working

Laith Abdulrahman

Laith Abdulrahman

Hello All,

I have purchased NITRO PRO 12 license back in 2018 and I was using it till I had to format my computer and reinstall it again, I tried with Nitro Pro 13 and the activation serial number didn't work, then I followed the recommendations given here for similar issues, removed 13 version and installed 12 version and used the serial number again but I am getting an error message : -24: Activation Error

I've checked the serial number on the support page and it is showing the following details:

Version: 12

Number of Activations: 0

Number of Activations allowed: 2

I tried the same with another Serial Number I have purchased for another user same time and same issue I have.

can somebody help me in resolving this issue?

thanks

Laith

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Laith Abdulrahman

Thank you for your message - I can help you out.

We have recently upgraded our activation servers. Please install the latest Nitro Pro 12 update (12.16.9.574) so you can reactivate successfully: 
https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

Then activate with your Nitro Pro 12 serial number.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you require anything else.

Henry Newbery

Hi I have pretty much the same issue, first I downloaded 11 since that was what I was using on my previous laptop. I then got  error message : -24: Activation Error.

When I used the serial number database it said:

Version: 12

Number of Activations: 0

Number of Activations allowed: 2

So I downloaded 12 instead but now I get -22: Wrong Version

Any ideas?

Laith Abdulrahman
20 hours ago, Leslie Villarin said:

Hello @Laith Abdulrahman

Thank you for your message - I can help you out.

We have recently upgraded our activation servers. Please install the latest Nitro Pro 12 update (12.16.9.574) so you can reactivate successfully: 
https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

Then activate with your Nitro Pro 12 serial number.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you require anything else.

thank you Leslie it worked finally but got another error when I open Nitro Pro it gives me the attached message but it opens afterward:

an error has ocurred within our system. please try again or contact support if this error persists. (Error 401).

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Laith Abdulrahman

We are aware of an issue that can cause this error and it was corrected in a software update. We recommend you upgrade to our latest version to resolve this issue.

As a workaround until you get the software updated to our newest version, if you click on the log-in in the upper right corner of the software and log into your Nitro account, this will also stop the error at startup. If you do not have a Nitro online account, you can create a free account.  

If you experience any difficulties while installing the software or activating, please send us a screenshot with the error message you receive. 

Please let us know if you need anything else.