Unable to install Nitro 9 on Windows 11

Carolin Benjamin

Carolin Benjamin

I have a valid license # for Nitro Pro 9  --- and have used it prior on Windows 10 ----- but now moving to a Windows 11 and reinstalling programs, etc -- tried to use the Nitro Pro 9 CD disc to get the program onto Windows 11 -- but the CD indicated it could not 'find a needed file' and therefore would not install. 

I would like to be able to stay with the Nitro Pro 9 and not have to upgrade to a newer version -- due to the economic realities related to Covid era ---------------

What are my choices -- 

- is it possible to run a Nitro Pro 9 on Windows 11 ------------and if so what do you suggest to be able to get the program installed, given the issues encountered with CD install 

- if it is utterly impossible to continue to use the older Nitro Pro 9 on a Windows 11 PC then what are the upgrade options ----------------I did look at one license update page on the Nitro website and it was confusing -- it indicated a price for the update, but then an additional price for a 1 year update ?? ..... please explain this, if a person opts to pay for the update price and does not buy the additional update feature , then what happens ??...... is there never any ability for the person to update minor /security updates with the basic update? .. and what about support, is there any support? .................and what happens after the 1st year, if the person does pay for/buy the additional 1 yr update add-on? ................the whole thing seems somewhat confusing as to what a user is actually getting ??

Thank you in advance for your help. 

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Carolin Benjamin

Our current version, Nitro Pro 13, only supports Windows 10 and 8 (64 bit) & Mac: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/technical-details

Nitro Pro 9 is a legacy version, so definitely does not support Windows 11. Please also note that we no longer support Nitro Pro 9 and its activation servers have been shut down. 

We recommend to upgrade to our latest version, V13, which comes with significant stability and security improvements, as well as many feature enhancements, in particular in conversion and OCR functions. To upgrade to Nitro Pro 13, please visit our upgrade page: 
https://www.gonitro.com/pro/upgrade

Hope that helps!

Carolin Benjamin

Please clarify ----

Your reply indicated the current version Nitro Pro 13 only supports Windows 10 and 8 ------(not Windows 11 -- which is what I have)

but then you suggest that I upgrade to the latest version 13 ------------------- but version 13 is not going to work on Windows 11 ???

Also the part of my question went unanswered that asked about the additional 1 yr fee on the upgrade page -- if a person does not purchase the additional 1 year update then do they NEVER have their Nitro updated - no security updates, nothing???

Please clarify ---  we want to continue with Nitro -- but we do have Windows 11 which we are wanting to put Nitro onto.

Thank you.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello Carolin,

Windows 11 is not supported yet. Nitro Pro 13 will work to some extent, but since it is not fully supported at the moment, you may encounter issues.

Product Updates add-on is a guaranteed free upgrade to the next version, (Nitro Pro 14 or whatever the next version might be named).

Updates to the same version remain to be free, they are always placed here for users to download: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

Let me know if you have other questions.