Nitro PRO 13.58.0.1180 crash to open

Didier Crozel

Didier Crozel

Hello,

Since 1 week, Nitro PDF crash every time I try to open it with or without file. I use NitroPDF since september 2021 and I never have this issue before.

After trying open it, a crash report pop up. Its version is 13.58.0.1180 (updated 2 months ago) and I'm on Windows 10 pro.
My IT manager can open it with an administrator account on my computer.

I sent to you 2 crash reports about my problem.

Can you help us to find a solution ?

Thanks

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Didier Crozel

Thanks for reaching out to us! I am happy to assist you.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing crashing issues. 

Please use the tool I have provided below to remove all files associated with Nitro Pro and reboot your system.
https://downloads.gonitro.com/professional_13.58.0.1180/install-cleanup/install-cleanup.zip

NOTE: This clean-up tool will erase any existing signature files within Nitro, so please save them to another location before using the clean-up tool in order to keep them. 
Please see this link for backing up custom stamps/signatures: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/stamps/000004307

When your system is back up, close all your open applications and install Nitro Pro 13.58.0.1180 from the page I have provided below:
https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

I hope this helps! Please let me know how that goes.

Didier Crozel

Hi Leslie,

I follow your instructions :

• Launch your script install-cleanup in administrator rights. Nitro have been removed correctly.
  • I've deleted manually folders in other "appData" account.
  • Restart the computer.
  • Re install NitroPDF with last installer.

Unfortunately, Nitro PDF still crash when execute with account without administrator rights.

Do you have another idea ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut

Hello Didier,

So that we can troubleshoot the problem, please provide me with the following:

• Please walk us through your specific step by step workflow so we can try to replicate the issue on our end.
  • If you can also provide us with some files for testing please forward them to us.
  • Please also send us a videocast or some relevant screenshots so we can have a better understanding of your process and the issue.
  • Were there any recent changes to your machine (like a Windows update)? 

I look forward to your response.

Hi, I have similar issues. I'm also using Nitro Pro 13.58.0.1180, which I installed after an earlier version started crashing. This version crashes about half the time I use it, mostly when I go to save a document to disk.  I am also using Windows 10 Professional. The machine is a Dell Latitude 7480 laptop.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello Fred,

Can you please send us a sample file and walk us through your steps so we can try to replicate the issue on our end?

Didier Crozel

Hi Leslie,

When we just open NitroPro by using app icon on Desktop, it crash and a window named "Crash report for Nitro pro" appear. Also, when we try to open PDF with NitroPro, it crash too.

If we open it like administrator, it open correctly.

There is non specific Windows update or change in Windows before this issue. NitroPro work well before.

• 3 months later...
Didier Crozel

Hello everyone,

Since today, NitroPro crash everytime I try to open it, even with administrator user.

May anyone help me to solve this ?

Regards