Convert 2 pages to one page

Günther Jockisch

Günther Jockisch

In April 2021 I wrote to you with the following problem: 

“I want to merge 2 pages in a document with multiple pages. To do this, I select the NitroPdf printer 2 pages per sheet in the print dialog and activate Print In the following dialog I get the message "The conversion was canceled". I tested it with different documents, the last one containing only two pages, always the same error message.” 

I then updated from Nitro 10 to version 12 according to your suggestion, after which printing worked. 

Today I tried again to merge 2 pages to one and again I get the message "The conversion was aborted". 

Best regards

Günther 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Nitro Pro 12.16.9.574 • Windows 11 Version 21H2

Edited by Reymund G.
Merged

Günther Jockisch

Hi,

I want to merge 2 pages at a time in a document with multiple pages. For this I select in the print dialog the NitroPdf printer 2 pages per sheet and activate Print 

In the following dialog I get the message "The conversion was aborted". 

After I updated from Nitro 10 to Nitro Pdf Pro 12 in April 2021, the problem was fixed, now it's back. 

hope someone can help me 

regards Günther 

---------------------------------------

Nitro Pro 12.16.9.574 • Windows 11 – Version 21H2

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Günther Jockisch

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Could you confirm if you are printing using the Multiple Pages (Customer Print)  where pages per is set to 2 by 1 like below? 

image.thumb.png.998e0c53a55c9ccbe6a36cea66aa9927.png

If this is correct, what type of file are you trying to print with these settings? Is it a PDF, Word, Excel type of file? 

Is this happening to all the documents you print using Nitro PDF Creator as the printer? 

If you have not tried repairing your Nitro PDF Pro installation, please repair it through the Windows' Control Panel then restart the machine. After that, try the same workflow and see if it will proceed with the print or will still give the same message. 

Kind regards,

Edited by Reymund G.

Günther Jockisch

Hello Reymund G., 

thank you for your support. Regarding your questions:

1. I use the same print settings as in your screenshot

2. I have loaded a pdf document as a test with NitroPdf tutorial

3. The printing of other pdf-documents shows the same error as well

4. I have used the control panel to repair NitroPdf12 and restarted the computer

5. unfortunately same problem, screenshot i send you by email 

Best regards

Günther

Günther Jockisch

Hello Reymund G.,

a printer "Nitro PDF Creator" and a printer "Nitro PDF Creator (Pro 12)" were displayed in the print dialog.

I uninstalled NitroPDF, deleted all entries "Nitro PDF Creator" in the registry and reinstalled the program.

Now it works again😆

best regards

Günther

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Thank you for the update @Günther Jockisch

The repair through the Windows Control Panel also repairs the Nitro PDF Creator printer. However, it seems that there is something wrong on your installation as there are two Nitro PDF Creator printers, 
Glad to hear that it is working now on your end after the uninstallation and deleting all entries of the virtual printer. 

In the future, you can use our cleanup tool to remove all traces of Nitro. This cleanup tool will remove all traces of Nitro and the process is different compared to Windows uninstall. 

Here are the steps on how to perform the cleanup:

1. Download Nitro cleanup tool from the link below:
https://downloads.gonitro.com/professional_13.58.0.1180/install-cleanup/install-cleanup.zip 

2. Extract the Cleanup tool then double click the nitro-cleanup.vbs to execute it.

Please note that this cleanup tool will remove all traces of Nitro Pro including your customize stamps. 
If you have customized stamps, please refer to the link below about how to transfer/backup stamps:
https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase/#/search/stamp/000004307 

3. When done, install Nitro Pro 12.16.9.574. using the offline MSI installer:

64bit - http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12169574/en/retail/nitro_pro12_ba_x64.msi 
32bit - http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12169574/en/retail/nitro_pro12_ba_x86.msi

4. After the installation, activate Nitro PDF Pro 12.16.9.574 using your serial number. To activate, go to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate. Enter the serial number then click Activate. 

Kind regards,

Günther Jockisch

Hello Reymund G.,

thank you for your feedback again and the instructions.

I downloaded the cleanup.zip and the installation msi right away, but hope I won't need them anytime soon

best regards

Günther