ok to deactivate to reactivate?

rob porter

I've been using nitropdf for years. I'm on version 12 now. I just got the expired trial message again. A few weeks ago support had me remove nitro from my computer to reinstall fresh. Now getting the message again the activate tool took me to nitro site which is suggesting I deactivate. My concern is if I deactivate will that stop my coworker from being able to use Nitro on their system. The license lookup tool shows my S/N has 2 active installs with 2 allowed installs. We have work with a deadline so can't risk the project being interrupted. And btw- they had to do same remove and reinstall on their computer in last 2 weeks that I did on my computer. Please help

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @rob porter

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

A single-user license can only be applied on two machines. 
You can use the license portal to release a license so you can activate Nitro PDF Pro on another machine. This will not stop the function of Nitro PDF Pro on the other machine. 
This portal is mainly used when you're not able to deactivate the license on the machine before changing/replacing the machine. 

Kind regards,

Thanks for the reply.

Right. We didn't add a new machine. My copy of nitro on my machine stopped working and gave me the trial expired message. This has now happened 3 times in the last month between our 2 machines. I want to make sure that if I deactivate on my machine now that it won't interrupt or deactivate the s/n as a whole and stop my colleague from working on nitro on her machine.

Gerald Manriquez

I purchased Nitro 7 and received a CD.  I upgraded to Nitro 12 Pro and did not receive a CD.  Nitro stops working periodically.  I can't seem to activate it by first deactivating it and downloading 12 again, and running it.  My serial number is 234***-******-******.  I have been using it for years,  and now I can't get it to convert anything to pdf.

Edited by Reymund G.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Gerald Manriquez

Please install the latest build of Nitro PDF Pro 12 so you could successfully activate using you existing serial number.
The Nitro PDF Pro 12 installer can be located from the link below:

https://www.gonitro.com/product-details/downloads - click the 'Download Nitro Pro 12' link. 

After the installation of Nitro PDF Pro 12.16.9.574, you can activate by going to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate. Enter the serial number then click the Activate button. 

Kind regards,

Gerald Manriquez

I downloaded Nitro Pro 12 and activated it.  I load different word documents and try to convert them to PDF and it asks me where to store the PDF file.  I select a folder and then nothing is created and the Nitro screen disappears.  Same old problem.  I recently had windows 10 installed on my old windows 7 computer.

Trevor Murray

Can someone please help me?  I had a computer crash and so it won't allow me to find the deactivation certificate and it won't let me register the software without the deactivation certificate.  I am stuck and need help ASAP.  Can you email me at murrayinxxyyzzgency@gmail.com

Edited by Allain Umailin
add email

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Trevor Murray,

I am afraid I am unable to find the purchase under your name or email address and in order to help you with your request, could you please provide the following information for me?

-The full name and address of the purchaser
-The email address used to purchase Nitro Pro
-A copy of the order invoice.
-The serial number of the program

To send them via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Gerald Manriquez,

Thank you for this information and our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

As part of troubleshooting, please refer to these steps:

A. Remove Nitro PDF Creator Printer:

1. In Windows, type “Printers” in the search on the Taskbar and select “Printers and Scanners”.
2. Click on the Nitro PDF Creator and then click on “Remove Device”. Click YES at the prompt to completely remove the device.
3. Close “Printers and Scanners”.

B. To clear the Spool queue:

1. Select Start > Type Command > Right-click “Command Prompt” and select “Run as administrator“
2. Type net stop spooler then press “Enter“
3. Type del %systemroot%\System32\spool\printers\* /Q then press “Enter“
4. Type net start spooler then press “Enter“

The print queue on your Windows should now be cleared. Type exit, then press “Enter” to exit the command window.

C. Remove Nitro PDF Creator Drivers:

1. In Windows, type “printui /s /t2” in the Search on the Taskbar, and then click on “Run Command”. This should bring up the Print Server Properties window.
2. Click on the “Drivers” tab, scroll down until you see “Nitro PDF Driver 13”, and click on that to select it, and then click on “Remove”. 
3. You will see a prompt asking if you want to remove the driver only, or the Driver and driver package. Select “Remove driver and driver package” and click OK.  
4. Click Yes on the warning and you will see a window stating the driver will be deleted.  Click on “Delete” to delete the driver.
5. Click OK and Close to close out the Print Server Properties window.

D. Reinstall Nitro PDF Creator Printer:

1. In File Explorer, browse out to C:\Program Files\Nitro\Pro\12
2. Right Click on “NitroPDFSupportTools.exe” and select “Run as Administrator” to launch the Support Tools. Click Yes if prompted to permit the action.
3. In the Support Tools, select the “PDF Creation” tab.
4. Click on the button under “Nitro PDF Creator” labeled “Nitro PDF Creator”. This will run for a few seconds and then you will see a message, “Installation of the printer driver was successful.  

Now test the Nitro PDF Creator Printer and see if everything works correctly now.

On 7/12/2022 at 3:47 PM, Reymund G. said:

Please install the latest build of Nitro PDF Pro 12 so you could successfully activate using you existing serial number.

https://www.gonitro.com/product-details/downloads - click the 'Download Nitro Pro 12' link. 

After the installation of Nitro PDF Pro 12.16.9.574, you can activate by going to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate. Enter the serial number then click the Activate button. 

Kind regards,

On 7/12/2022 at 1:17 PM, rob porter said:

Thanks for the reply.

Right. We didn't add a new machine. My copy of nitro on my machine stopped working and gave me the trial expired message. This has now happened 3 times in the last month between our 2 machines. I want to make sure that if I deactivate on my machine now that it won't interrupt or deactivate the s/n as a whole and stop my colleague from working on nitro on her machine.

On 7/12/2022 at 3:47 PM, Reymund G. said:

Kind regards,

On 7/11/2022 at 2:16 PM, Reymund G. said:

Greetings @rob porter

A single-user license can only be applied on two machines. 
You can use the license portal to release a license so you can activate Nitro PDF Pro on another machine. This will not stop the function of Nitro PDF Pro on the other machine. 
This portal is mainly used when you're not able to deactivate the license on the machine before changing/replacing the machine. 

Kind regards,

@Reymund G.Thanks for the reply.

Right. We didn't add a new machine. My copy of nitro on my machine stopped working and gave me the trial expired message. This has now happened 3 times in the last month between our 2 machines. I want to make sure that if I deactivate on my machine now that it won't interrupt or deactivate the s/n as a whole and stop my colleague from working on nitro on her machine.  The first time this happened the Nitro team suggested I remove the old and reinstall the new build you suggested to another user on this thread. And it worked fine until a few days ago when it gave the expired trial message again. So to be clear, should I de-activate and try to re-activate with same S/N or delete nitro from my system and reinstall the new build again? Second Q and very important is to make sure either action doesn't stop my colleague from continuing to use her installation of Nitro. Thanks so much for your help in advance!