Embed fonts option not visible

Mark Hayden

Mark Hayden

Build: 13.67.0.45

I have been using Nitro for many years and have just upgraded to the above build.

One of the main uses I have for Nitro is to create PDF/A-1B compliant files for uploading to Amazon - I am a writer and that's how my paperbacks get printed.

I create the books in MS Word and then use the Nitro PDF creator option to produce the PDFs. It is important to embed fonts for these books. There has previously always been a clear option under Advanced / Optimisation. It has disappeared. I tried to upload an image to explain what I mean, but the 'upload image' option isn't there - only the 'Insert from URL'. Before I upload my book to Amazon, I need to know what's going on. I don't want them to reject it. They get quite sniffy about that.

Thanks,

Mark Hayden.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Mark Hayden

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Could you please confirm which of the screenshots below are you referring to Advanced / Optimisation?

image.png.b0881c5132e3e25ba76250f828e54e31.png

image.png.0e56c968d40896a6fe25155b2698bf6f.png

The first image is from the Office Add-in while the second image is from the Nitro PDF Creator. If you still have the screenshot, please share it as well as the exact option that you think has disappeared. 

Kind regards,

Mark Hayden

Hi there,

And thanks for getting back to me. The one I'm trying to use is the Word Add-in, in particular the Custom option. When I used to click on it, Two further options were brought up - Images and Fonts. The Fonts option is no longer there.

Again, I would love to share the screenshot but your system only allows me to upload via URL (which is a bit bizarre, but there you go).

The version of Word I'm using is from Microsoft Office Professional 2010.

I hope you can help,

Thanks,

Mark Hayden.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Mark Hayden

Do you remember which build you are on before updating to 13.67.0.45?

If you do not see an option here to upload a file or paste a screenshot, you can send me a direct message and from there attached the image file. 

Kind regards,