Adobe Java Script fails to function in Nitro Pro

John Booker

John Booker

I use Adobe Pro but my company are swapping to Nitro Pro. They say they tested Nitro before making this decision, however I am trying Nitro Pro out and find that my established Java Script which works very well in Adobe and other Portable document Format programs fails to function in Nitro.

Example, two simple scripts, one makes a visible field become hidden and the other makes makes  a hidden field appear when the check box is clicked , this should work continuously based on the check box selection. Remember these both work in other programs and are imbedded into every active document within our department.

The first works in Nitro but the second script does not and I do not know why.

var fieldHide = event.target.isBoxChecked(0)?display.visible:display.hidden;this.getField("SIPBText16alp").display = fieldHide;

var fielddisplay = event.target.isBoxChecked(0)?display.hidden:display.visible;this.getField("SIPBText10alp").hidden = fielddisplay;

Nitro have stated;

While we support the use of JavaScript within PDF's as per the PDF specification 2.0, Nitro does not support the full JavaScript library so scripts that can be run in other applications, such as Adobe Acrobat, may not work in Nitro PDF Pro. Additionally, I do have to let you know that Nitro does not provide assistance with the troubleshooting of custom scripts as that requires an extensive knowledge of coding and this falls outside the scope of our support (outside the basic calculation functions).

So can anyone help me to sort the second script out? var fielddisplay = event.target.isBoxChecked(0)?display.hidden:display.visible;this.getField("SIPBText10alp").hidden = fielddisplay;

If not Nitro is absolutely no use to me and I will have to lobby against it being used.