Font corruption upon multiple PDF edits

Tom Berg

Good afternoon,

One example of our company's workflow with Nitro is that we use Nitro to prepare product submittals to our customers by combining and editing several PDF files together.  These customers then send the submittals over to engineers who review them.  On occasion, those engineers will edit their submittal documents with notes and revisions and return them to us, where we will need to resubmit these documents according to those revisions.

We have had several returned submittals to us recently where fonts on the returned submittal become corrupted.  The fonts we most commonly use in Nitro are ArialMT and Arial-BoldMT, two default fonts in most font libraries, however I have seen these corrupted fonts occur on other font profiles as well.  See link here for an example of this file corruption.

We are on Nitro Pro version 13.16.2.300.  I am unsure what PDF editing software our engineers most commonly use but this issue occurs across multiple engineers and customers.  

Has anyone else run into this type of font corruption in Nitro Pro, and does anyone have any leads on how to fix this issue?  Thank you!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Tom Berg,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

To further assist you with your concern, I have sent you an email through a support case so please check your Inbox and your Spam/Junk folders.

Cheers!

• 2 months later...

Good morning Allain, I regret to inform that in the time since we last spoke via our support case the issue has persisted - we had another case of corrupted fonts that resulted in a submittal being returned to our office today.  Since our previous support case has been closed I need you reopen the case, and since there is no other way to request a support ticket on your website for this issue I am here reviving this old thread in order to do so.