Installation on laptop not working

Stephen L

Hello  Team

My name is Stephen And I purchased Nitro pro a couple of yrs ago

Nitro is on my desktop and becoming unstable so I added it to my lap top but is says only a Trial basis now 

I put in my serial no but says not valid , I then went thru the support  pop ups it prompts you to but no luck 

Could you  assist in reactivating  the licence as I purchased a perpetual licence

I have a snap shot of the serial on my desktop but the serial # does not work on my laptop. If you need it for proof and I can email to support directly.

Pls assist as I cannot use Nitro now and my desktop is quite unstable and could stop working any moment

Thank you for the help.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Stephen L,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and for the private message.

Please be informed that 'Invalid License Number' means the serial number you are trying to activate is for a different version of Nitro Pro. Looks like we need to uninstall the current version of Nitro Pro on your computer and install Nitro Pro 12.16.9.574. We then activate it using your serial number by referring to these steps:

1. Uninstall Nitro Pro from your computer by going to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features then reboot the machine. 

2. Please clear all your downloads folder or delete all downloaded Nitro installers. This step is important because we noticed that if you are saving all the installers and you download them in the same folder (like the downloads folder), the EXE can pick up any MSI installer in that folder and you may pick-up one of the older builds instead of the newly downloaded package.

3. Download and install Nitro Pro 12.16.9.574 by downloading our offline English MSI packages:

x32 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12169574/en/retail/nitro_pro12_ba_x86.msi 
x64 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12169574/en/retail/nitro_pro12_ba_x64.msi

To know if you have 32-bit or 64-bit, please refer to this article:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/15056/windows-32-64-bit-faq 

4. After installation, you can activate it by opening Nitro Pro, clicking on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activation, and entering your serial number 234600-xxyyzz-787202

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps.

Edited by Allain Umailin

Hi Allain

Thx for the help. However when I enter the serial no it still says not a valid licence. I went to your link above and downloaded the Nitro pro but it did not allow me to choose 

the 12.16.9.574 version and I installed the 13.58 version. Is that the issue?  How do I  download the 12.16 version or can I use  my serial no with the 13.58 version

The only other thing is maybe my serial no is not valid but it shd be as it is from my desktop that is working.

Thx again

Stephen

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Stephen L,

My sincerest apologies for the confusion and to further assist you, kindly uninstall your current Nitro Pro through Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features and reboot your machine.

After rebooting, please reinstall using the new MSI installer link from my previous post. These new links is for version 12.

Please let me know how it goes on your end and again, my sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Hi Allain

It worked.  I uninstalled 13 and installed 12 from your link. I had to copy to a new page and paste in url but ok.

Strange thing though , once I installed it I did not even have to key in my serial no in the laptop and the toolbar items were already there as if 

from my desktop setup.  Why is that?

Anyways its up and running now

Thx again

Stephen