NitroPro Crash Report appears always I close the program

Juan Carlos Vega

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Juan Carlos Vega

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I understand that you are receiving the crash report when closing Nitro Pro. 

Are you experiencing this issue when simply opening Nitro PDF Pro without a document (double-clicking the Nitro PDF Pro icon) then closing it?
Or, the crash report happens when you open a specific document? 
If it happens only on specific document, you can share the document here so we can test and see if the issue can be reproduced on our end.

Also, what is the version and build of your Nitro PDF Pro? You can see this information under the Help tab > About Nitro Pro. 

Kind regards,

Juan Carlos Vega

Thanks for your quick response. I'm experiencing this issue when closing any PDF document on Nitro Pro after working or not on it. I'm using Nitro Pro 13.67.0.45

Best!

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Juan Carlos Vega

Could you please confirm if the same issue happens if you open Nitro without a document then close it?
I attached a test document in this post, please open this PDF in your Nitro PDF Pro then see if a crash report will occur when closing the application. 

Kind regards,

TestDoc.pdf

Juan Carlos Vega

It didn’t happen when opening Nitro and close without a document, but it happened when I closed the Test document you sent.
Thanks!

Juan Carlos Vega

Any news on this? It doesn’t happen when opening Nitro and then close without a document, but it happens when I close the Test document you sent. Please help.
Thanks!

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Juan Carlos Vega

I recommend to perform a clean uninstall using our cleanup tool then reinstall Nitro PDF Pro on your machine. This tool will remove all traces of Nitro PDF Pro and the process is different compared to Windows uninstall. I have outlined the steps below:

1. Download Nitro cleanup tool from the link below:
https://downloads.gonitro.com/professional_13.67.0.45/install-cleanup/install-cleanup.zip

Since the tool will remove all traces of Nitro PDF Pro, this includes any of your customized stamps. If you have existing customized stamps, please refer to the link below about how to transfer/backup stamps:
https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase/#/search/stamp/000004307

2. Extract the cleanup utility then run the cleanup tool by double-clicking nitro-cleanup.vbs. Please be aware that a command window will appear during the cleanup process.
3. After the cleanup, restart the computer. 
4. Download and install Nitro PDF Pro 13 from the link below:

https://www.gonitro.com/product-details/downloads - click the 'Download Nitro Pro 13' link. 

5. After the installation, launch the software then navigate to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate. Enter your serial number then click Activate. 

Please check if these steps fix the crashing issue.

Kind regards,

• 2 weeks later...
Juan Carlos Vega

Thanks for your response. I performed the clean uninstall following the instructions provided; however, the issue of crashing and the error continues. Since this is bothersome, I am considering changing or moving to another PDF program as an option. I genuinely appreciate your support on this. Best regards!

• 2 weeks later...
Juan Carlos Vega

Unfortunately, the issue continues after performing a clean uninstall, and apparently, there is no more additional help or support Nitro can offer to fix it. Regrettably, after years of using Nitro Pro, I ought to move to another tool (considering Kofax Power) to work on PDF documents smoothly without the distraction of getting an error continuously. Thanks!

Juan Carlos Vega

Well! Since the Nitro support center cannot find a solution to the crash reports I'm experiencing, I must say goodbye to Nitro and try another program. Thanks!