File was damaged and has been repaired

Thomas Lumadue

Thomas Lumadue

Anytime we try to password protect a document since the last update, version 13.67.0.45, when we attempt to reopen the document and enter the password a message appears "This file was damages (corrupted) and has been repaired" but the document is just blank. I have tried on different computers with the same issue.  I can open the document in Adobe Reader after adding the password just not in Nitro PDF Pro.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Thomas Lumadue,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

If this is only happening with a single PDF file, how was this file created and what software was used (e.g. from an external source like a website, from an email message, or an internal application/reporting tool)? Could you please send over a few sample PDF files so I can perform some tests on our end?

Thank you very much in advance and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thomas Lumadue

After doing some more research it appears to be only PDFs that are created from a particular scanning device.  Not sure how to send you examples of the PDFs.  I don't see a way to upload them.

• 2 weeks later...
Jennifer Burke

We are having the exact same issue.  The Nitro version is the newest one.  Just purchased for the particular computer in the past couple of months.  The weirdest part is when I open the file on a computer that is the not the original computer used to password protect it, the file is there and completely visible.  Were you able to come up with a solution?

Thomas Lumadue

Your issue sounds different than mine.  Once we password protect the file no matter the computer when trying to open the file with Nitro the corrupt file message appears but if we open the password protected file with Adobe Reader it opens fine.