Activation issue of PDF Nitro version 12

Nisar Ahmad

Hi,

We are having pdf nitro pro version 12 perpetual license when I am activation the application it shows error message. please suggest what I can do to solve this issue. Quick response is required in this matter. Thanks

we are having pdf nitro pro version 12 perpetual licenses. When I am trying to activate the application it show -24 activation error. Kindly provide solution to this problem. Thanks

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Nisar Ahmad

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums.

Please install the latest build of Nitro PDF Pro 12 (12.16.6.574) so you could successfully activate using your version 12 license. 
The installer can be located from the link below:

https://www.gonitro.com/product-details/downloads - click the 'Download Nitro Pro 12' link.  

After the installation, verify the version and build by going to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro. Once confirmed that your installation is on 12.16.6.574, click the Activate button then enter your version 12 serial number. 

Kind regards,

I evidently cannot start a new thread as all the forums are greyed out and it's mandatory, so I'll post my question here.

I am building a new laptop for a user, the user has Nitro 12 on the old laptop.  I installed Nitro 13 on the new computer and tried using the serial number from the old one to activate it. I get:

"The serial number entered does not exist."

I have not deactivated the old installation as the user will not be picking up the new laptop for a few days.

What to do?

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Jim Ryan,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

There seems to be no issue with creating a new thread as I am seeing other members who were able to create a new one.
Regarding the activation issue, if the user has version 12 license, you should install the latest build of Nitro PDF Pro 12 (12.16.9.574 ). A version 12 license will not activate a Nitro PDF Pro 13. 

To resolve your issue, uninstall Nitro PDF Pro 13 on the machine then install the latest build of Nitro PDF Pro 12 using the installer from the link below:
https://www.gonitro.com/product-details/downloads - click the 'Download Nitro Pro 12' link.

After the installation, the version should show as 12.16.9.574 (found under Help tab > About Nitro Pro). Once confirmed, activate it using the version 12 license. 
If there is an activation error message, please provide the serial number so we can check it on our end. 

Kind regards,