Nitro Pro not converting word or excel and cannot print to pdf

Stephen L

Nitro pro does not  seem to convert   word or excel  to pdf  and  I cannot print to pdf.  I use to be able to convert until  I started using on laptop running win 10

My version is  12.16.9.574

I have also tried  below and still not converting

1. Close your Nitro Pro and MS Office applications if they're open.
2. Right-click on the Nitro Pro desktop icon and select Run as Administrator.
3. Go to Help tab > Support Tools > PDF Creation tab and tick the box for all MS Office applications under Microsoft Office Add-ins. If the tool is not found in Help tab, you will need to go to the installation folder of Nitro Pro and run NitroPDFSupportTools.exe (by default, it is inside C:\Program Files\Nitro\Pro\13)
4. Click Update Add-ins button. Installation will be done in the background. Once it's done, you should receive a message 'Update of add-ins was successful. 
5. Click OK > Close.

I also use to be able to drag and drop the word/ excel doc into Nitro pro pdf file and it would convert automatically. It just hangs now.

Pls advise on how to fix this  

Thx 

S

When I  try to drag and drop an excel or word doc into a pdf doc to convert I get this error:

" The creation process  encountered an error  and failed to create the pdf file"

Any suggestions appreciated

Thx

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Stephen L,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order to further assist you, could you please provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro 12?

This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

Hello Allian

I provided my serial no as requested to your message box but have not heard back on this error.

When I  try to drag and drop an excel or word doc into a pdf doc to convert I get this error:

" The creation process  encountered an error  and failed to create the pdf file"

Is there additional info I could provide that is needed to assist in solving this conversion issue?

Thx again

Stephen

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Stephen L,

Thank you for the private message and my apologies for the delay.

As part of troubleshooting, please refer to these steps:

1. Download and run our Clean Up utility to uninstall your current Nitro Pro and reboot your machine:

http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12169574/install-cleanup/install-cleanup.zip 

NOTE: This clean-up tool will erase any existing signature files within Nitro so please save them to another location before using the clean-up tool in order to keep them. Please see this link for backing up custom stamps/signatures: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/stamps/000004509 

2. Run a repair of your MS Office through Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features

3. After rebooting, download and install the latest version of Visual Studio (vc_redist.x64.exe & vc_redist.x86.exe) then reboot again your machine. Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2022 all share the same redistributable files:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads 

4. Clear all your Downloads folder or delete all downloaded Nitro installers. This step is important because we noticed that if you are saving all the installers and you download them in the same folder (like the downloads folder), the EXE can pick up any MSI installer in that folder and you may pick-up one of the older builds instead of the newly downloaded package.

5. Download and install Nitro Pro 12.16.9.574 using our offline English MSI packages:

x32 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12169574/en/retail/nitro_pro12_ba_x86.msi
x64 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12169574/en/retail/nitro_pro12_ba_x64.msi 

To know if you have 32-bit or 64-bit Windows system, please refer to this article:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/15056/windows-32-64-bit-faq 

Important: If you are using Chrome or any of the Chromium-based browsers (e.g., Vivaldi, etc.) and you are unable to access the above installer links, you're more than likely experiencing the results of a new security feature that was silently pushed out to the browsers, which blocks .exe/.msi/etc downloads without any visible error or prompt on the browser's frontend user space. In order to bypass this, please try these steps:

a. Right-click the link you're trying to download, and select "Save link as..."
b. Choose your save location and select "Save"
c. On the bottom edge of your browser window, the Downloads bar should now appear and the file will show up with a red error icon, attempting to block the download. Press the caret button and select "Keep"

6. After installation, you can activate it by opening Nitro PDF Pro, clicking on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate by entering your serial number 

7. Turning off User Account Control (UAC) for Nitro PDF Pro 13. Here are two methods that you can follow:

a. Right-click the Nitro shortcut > Properties > Compatibility > Turn off any settings there.

b. 
i. Right-click > Troubleshoot Compatibility > Troubleshoot Program
ii. Check "The program requires additional permissions" > Next > Test the program...
iii. Wait for the program to launch > Next > Yes, save these settings for this program > Close

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Hello Allain

When I download and try open the zip file  it is saved as a .vsb file and not a zip file. Is this correct?

I cannot open it as it is considered malicious by Bitdefender but I guess I need to know shd I be seeing a .VSB file to execute the clean up or which extension ... a  .exe file?

If it  s/be  a .vsb file how shd I open it  it as I cannot open it either.

http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12169574/install-cleanup/install-cleanup.zip

Thx

Stephen

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello,

If our vbs tool is being blocked by your antivirus program, I suggest running MS FixIt as a workaround:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed 

When done, please proceed with the rest of the steps.

Hi Allain

I ran the .VSB file and uninstall Nitro and reinstall and still cannot  convert word excel docs to pdf.

Also pls note as maybe  related that I cannot print  as pdf when I choose Nitro as the  printer. It just hangs  and says " Error cancelled by the user "

This does not make sense. Before   I could convert   word excel docs to pdf but still could not print to pdf using the nitro as printer but I lived with it.

Now I  cannot  convert   word excel docs to pdf + not print to pdf using Nitro. Could this be after I installed update to .574?   This issue has been on 2 different computers 

so it maybe not a computer issue .

Pls advise on any ideas regarding the above

Thx

Stephen

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Stephen L,

To further troubleshoot this rare issue on one of the affected machines, could you please try the below ways of converting and let me know their results (Pass or Fail) on your next response?:

a. With Windows Explorer open, drag-drop the attached 'Test Text Document.txt' on top of the Nitro Pro desktop shortcut 

b. Right-clicking the attached 'Test Word Document.docx' > Convert to PDF with Nitro Pro  

c. While Nitro Pro is open, go to Home tab > PDF > From File  and browse for 'Test Excel Document.xlsx'

d. While the 'Test Word Document.docx' is open in MS Word, go to Nitro Pro tab > Create PDF  

e. While 'Test Excel Document.xlsx' is open in MS Excel, go to File > Print > Nitro PDF Creator  

Test Excel Document.xlsx Test Text Document.txt Test Word Document.docx

Hi Allain

Here the Reponses to above email

a)  Sorry don't what you mean. Do I save the  txt file then drop onto  Nitro Pro shortcut on the homepage of  desktop  ?  Where is this shortcut. Do I drag  and drop onto the Nitro Pro Icon on my desk top  or try to drop into Nitro pro in explorer somewhere on left pane in explorer but I do not know where to drop it.

b)   I saved  docx file to desk top and then Convert to PDF with Nitro Pro  -  Pass

c)  Did -  but no test or action requested 

d) Pass

e)  Pass

I seem to be able to convert to a excel file or word file to pdf But when drag and drop from explorer  to a pdf in Nitro pro to convert to pdf automatically that's when it hangs

and does not do anything but get  a conversion box but the progress bar hangs and stop 1/3 way thru.

Hope this helps

Thx

Stephen

Hello Allain

Is there more info needed to assist me from my post back on Tuesday.  I still cannot convert  to a pdf using drag and drop. 

Any further ideas appreciated.

Thx