Nitro Pro 13 is not working on my computer

Dan Brown

Hello,

I recently purchased Nitro Pro but have been having issues with getting the application to work properly. Having it as my default PDF viewer it takes several minutes to open when clicking on a PDF and crashes whenever I try and open two PDFs/ use the functionality to move pages within a PDF document. I can see the application running in the Task Manager and that there is network usage but it doesn't start working for a few minutes. I've tried a number of things to get the application to work including, restarting my computer, uninstalling the application and reinstalling, doing a clean install and working with our IT group to try and troubleshoot the issue. We have several other paid Nitro Pro users and they are not having these same issues. They are using version 12 and I'm using version 13. I downloaded version 12 as a trial (after reviewing the community forums) and am no longer having any issues. I'm unable to use my activation code on version 12. Can you please assist in allowing me to use my serial number to activate the now version 12 of the software installed on my computer?

Thank you.

Dan

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Dan Brown,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Unfortunately, a switch to allow activating Nitro Pro 12 with your Nitro PDF Pro 13 serial number is NOT available.

For me to better assist you in troubleshooting this issue, does this happen with every file? If it's a single file, how was this file created and what software was used (e.g. from an external source like a website, from an email message, or an internal application/reporting tool)? 

Is the same issue happening while the PDF file is saved locally?

Thank you very much in advance and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Hello Allain,

Nitro Pro 12 (trial version) has been working perfectly these past two days while Nitro Pro 13 does not seem to work even after reinstalling. My IT group even tried installing and running the software with antivirus disabled to rule out our antivirus impeding the software. My issues opening PDF documents with Nitro Pro 13 happen for every file, regardless of whether they are on my desktop, in my email or on our server. I will click to open a PDF and it will take several minutes for the PDF to open. If I attempt to merge two PDFs or have 2 separate instances of Nitro Pro 13 open so that I can drag and drop pages the software crashes. Is there no way that I can just use Nitro Pro 12? 

Hello,

I just recently noticed an issue while using Nitro Pro 12. When I open a PDF the software will create a Notepad document called "debug" which has no text in whatever folder I've opened the PDF. If I open a PDF on my desktop then the "debug" file is created there, if I open a PDF in a folder on our server then it will create a "debug" notepad file there. Is this an issue that you've encountered and have a fix for? 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Dan Brown,

The debug.log is a recently discovered issue that we are currently investigating. So far, we have found that it only occurs in Nitro Pro 12.16.3.574 and only when opening scanned files (specifically when the 'OCR' notification pops up out).

Could you please confirm if this is the same on your end and that you are at the same build of version 12?

The same information is available by going to Control Panel > Programs and Features.