Complex fillable form not working

Mark Marlatt

I have complex fillable forms created by the State of Michigan Licensing and Regulation that do not function correctly under Nitro PDF Pro.  They work under Adobe Acrobat and Foxit PDF Editor.

The form that I am linking to has checkboxes that select options that produce a running dollar total of costs.   Checking the boxes does not fill in a corresponding field next to it and does not add the fee into the calculation.

Is there an Nitro PDF Pro option that I do not have turned on?

I am using the latest version of Nitro PDF Pro downloaded and updated today, 13.67.0.45.

The link to one of these documents is below.

https://www.michigan.gov/lara/-/media/Project/Websites/lara/lcc/Retailer-Forms/OnPremises-Retailer-License--Permit-Application-LCC100a.pdf?rev=a8b1396b54454f3c8145cd6f2f72de1b&hash=6BDB371F7079B83002F772A0682E03ED

Edited by Mark Marlatt

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Mark Marlatt,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order to further assist you, could you please provide the serial number of your Nitro PDF Pro 13?

This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hi @Mark Marlatt,

Thank you for getting back to me and for providing this information.

Please note this document was created using a program called Adobe LiveCycle (go to File > Document Properties), which utilizes XFA / XML forms architecture that is not compliant with the PDF 2.0 specification set by the ISO (International Organization for Standardization). 

Our Product & Engineering team is actively investigating options to improve Nitro's ability to handle XFA and other non-standard PDF document-types, but this is a significant product roadmap initiative, and unfortunately, there isn't a short-term solution. 

Though please note that the results may vary and should you find that the output is not desirable, as this is a proprietary Adobe format, we suggest trying Adobe Reader for this specific file.

Our sincere apologies and I hope this helps!