Document properties

Alex Danson

in Acrobat there was a preference window where you could specify how do you want a specific document to open (as opposed to how the program opens a document in general). Attached is a screen shot of it. In PDFpen pro, in the inspector window i only see general parameters and locking options, Am I missing something?

thanks
Alex

doc_properties.png

• I agree 1

sorry, I'm a little behind... Nitro bought PDFpen from SmileOnMyMac, and now we have a nitroPDF and a smilePDF? Or the old PDFpen was renamed to NitroPDF?

second question: what's the future of PDFpen? continue to being developed? or let it die of natural causes?

thanks

Alex

Jakob Müller

I have no idea, their product naming is complete madness, NitroPDF Pro for Mac and PDFpen should be the same. Their documentation is also all over the place, if I google simple questions I always get answers for the Windows version due to the similar name.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Alex Danson@Jakob Müller

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

The PDFpenPro is now rebranded as Nitro PDF Pro for Mac while PDFpen is now Nitro PDF Pro Essentials for Mac
The rebranding took place when Nitro acquired the software. 

We do apologize for the lack of communication coming from us here at Nitro. I can confirm we are actively supporting and working to improve the product formerly known as PDFPen Pro. 
We will continue to support and release new versions of Nitro PDF Pro for MacOS, that will be compatible with new MacOS releases. We do appreciate and value our Mac community customers and if you have any questions or suggestions for the product feel free to let us know.

Regarding the question about specific view on a document, it is the Windows version that has the option to define a specific view when opening a specific document. 
In Nitro PDF Pro for Mac, I do not see an option to configure that in a document level. The option I see is on the interface level and it applies to all the document you open.
This option is found when you click the name of the software at the top left then select Preferences. Under General section, you will see the following options: 

image.png.5ac6a1bc0c2963bd697b215c87f5e6ac.png

Kind regards,

hi Reymund

yes, we noticed too that the option was missing. And thank you for clarifying about the transition from Smile... to Nitro.

So how do we get support? Are you one of the developers, or just the forum moderator? If so, do the developers read this?

I would like to write an email about a problem like this and have a human answering back... but I wasn't able to find that option when I clicked on support on the Nitro site.  There are also a couple of other things that can be improved upon, but I'll stop here for now 🙂

thanks

Alex

Jakob Müller

Hi @Reymund G.,

On 10/5/2022 at 11:26 PM, Reymund G. said:

Regarding the question about specific view on a document, it is the Windows version that has the option to define a specific view when opening a specific document. 
In Nitro PDF Pro for Mac, I do not see an option to configure that in a document level. The option I see is on the interface level and it applies to all the document you open.

The document properties, especially view settings are stored within the pdf. If I share this pdf most users with many different readers will open the document the way it is supposed to. In my case I have multiple pages from a book and I want the pdf to open with facing pages as default.

From the documentation it looks like this window is already implemented in your Windows version of the software, could you please bring it to the Mac?

Kind Regards,

Jakob

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Alex Danson

I am one of the forum moderators here in Nitro Community Forums. 
There is a Product Improvement section here specifically for Nitro PDF Pro for Mac where anyone can post and vote.
Also, our Product team has visibility on this page and they can see all the feature requests, suggestions, and recommendations posted in this page.

Here's the direct link to the Nitro PDF Pro for Mac Product Improvement page:
https://community.gonitro.com/forum/24-nitro-pdf-pro-for-mac-pdfpen/ 

As per support, you can submit a support ticket for Nitro PDF Pro for Mac here https://www.gonitro.com/support/ticket/pdf-pro-mac 

Kind regards, 

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Jakob Müller

You can visit our Product Improvement page for Nitro PDF Pro for Mac  and submit a post about this feature request. 

Here's the direct link to the Nitro PDF Pro for Mac Product Improvement page:
https://community.gonitro.com/forum/24-nitro-pdf-pro-for-mac-pdfpen/ 

Kind regards,

hi Reymund, the support ticket is not really a support ticket the way we know it... the 3 options are User guide, Knowledgebase and Community forum, so... I'll try the product improvement forum.

Thanks