Moved computers and original serial number for Nitro PDF v.6 will not activate as links and manual activation methods are now disabled

Peter Ison

Hi Nitro PDF Support, I have just tried to migrate this particular Nitro PDF license to a new computer as the old PC this version  (v 6.2.3.6) of Nitro PDF was running on was getting pretty flaky.  Tried deactivating the software on the old PC first and then installed original installation package onto new PC. Tried to enter original license code and also tried manual reactivation in a browser but all links seem to be dead and got "Unknown error" message. Also tried your website and went through Deactivation process, but again this failed to work (once I hit Deactivate, got message to "Please select devices to deactivate" - which you can't do). Our workplace has purchased 7 different versions of Nitro PDF over the years and there has been no need to upgrade this version - our licenses are all individual on assigned PC's.  Can you help activate Nitro PDF v6 on the new Windows 10 PC please? Happy to send original purchase details and screen dumps of errors through to you. Thanks

• Official Nitronaut

Hello Peter,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I am happy to assist you.

Please note that we no longer support Nitro Pro 6 and its activation servers have been shut down.

We recommend to upgrade to our latest version, V13, which comes with significant stability and security improvements, as well as many feature enhancements, in particular in conversion and OCR functions. To upgrade to Nitro Pro 13, please visit our upgrade page: 
https://www.gonitro.com/pro/upgrade

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Hi Leslie, 

Thanks for your reply. Disappointing that version 6 is no longer supported as it still 'seemed' to work fine on our old PC which was running Windows 10.  I have followed your advice but when I go to the upgrade link you provided and enter our old V6 license number, I get the message....

"We were unable to validate your serial number. Please ensure you entered it correctly. If you believe you are eligible for an upgrade, please leave a post on our Community Forum and update us with your issue."

Do you need our license number and original purchase details to manually allow us to go through the upgrade process?  If so, how should I provide this as I assume the forum is public?

• Official Nitronaut

Hello Peter,

Can you please send me your serial number so I can check? You can send it via direct message.

Cheers!