Nitro Pro Claims Can't Open Corrupted File but Is Not Corrupted

Richard Carlson

Richard Carlson

Hi.  Our office has purchased 27 or 28 Nitro Pro 13 licenses for our law office but we are getting complaints from staff.  My assistant recently gave me a pdf that was signed by docusign and the Docusign distributes it to the signing parties.  It has the "certified" blue bar across the top.  She has shown me and I also see that Nitro Pro claims it is corrupted and won't open.  However, any old or new version of Adobe will open it without any problem at all.  What can we do so this doesn't happen? 

2nd Problem.  Many of our staff use Nitro Pro basically like a typewriter to type in blanks on pdf forms that have no form filling fields.  The typing works without a problem, but if they try to go back in and correct something that they have typed .... even within the same file open editing session, it won't allow them to do that.  It's causing a major revolt with staff insisting that we don't buy any more licences and switch to something else.  Is there anything they are doing wrong?  I have heard this complaint from many ... so it is not an isolated complaint.  They are all using version 13 on Windows 10 Pro operating system.

• 2 weeks later...
Richard Carlson

Unfortunately Nitro does not reply.  It's happened several times and seems to be a significant flaw of Nitro as digitally signed docs are so very common now.  If you learn of a solution, it would be great if you would post it. 

• 2 months later...
Richard Carlson

I fave found a fix here: It's too bad that NitroPro has poor customer service on a relatively important flaw in their software.  Other developers would know that docusign is a very common source of pdf docs and would send out a notice telling people to update to the next iteration.  See this article below.  You need to uninstall, reboot and then install the current version.