Document restricted or has limited access to some features

Alan Fesperman

Alan Fesperman

I downloaded a statement from AMEX and tried to combine it with a company expense PDF to create monthly expense report for work.  The AMEX statement asked for a password and would not allow me to combine with another PDF.  My only solution was to print the statement and scan it to create another PDF file with the exact same info.  AMEX of course says there is no password on their end and it is a problem with the PDF download software.

***Any ideas as I will be doing this monthly and at times the print/scan option will take quite some time with the amount of pages for my AMEX statement??

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Alan Fesperman,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

When Password Security is placed on a document, it also comes with ranging levels of security. This security option will prevent you from doing certain tasks and editing on the document. 

A good workaround is by reprinting it to your Nitro PDF Creator (File > Print > Nitro PDF Creator). When reprinting any PDF files to PDF Creator, the program converts the file to a vector/image format and fillable fields will be removed.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps.

• 3 months later...

I'm having the same problem.  I'm downloading a statement from Chase bank, and trying to combine it with 2 other PDF's.  It says that I need a security password to take off the security, but I didn't put security on the file.  I don't have the password - it's not my Nitro.com password, and I've never set one up just for security.  I can print to Nitro like you said, but can't we get this fixed?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Dail,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Yes, you can use the workaround I provided in order to combine it with another PDF file.

Bank statements are commonly password protected now a days

Cheers!